Monroe Co EMS Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveradio

quick question for anyone still in the thread.. trying to confirm Monroe County Fire grounds DPL/PL use, also looking for the general Fire Police Frequency used on scenes if anyone can help?

Cunnerman

Premium Subscriber
During the fire last night at the Waterway Lane address they were mentioning "Fireground 2" but it never hit on my scanner. It seems like they mainly use the "Fire East," "Fire Central," etc Ops frequencies, along with the various dedicated fire company frequencies. And actually I think that it was the EMS crew trying to use Fireground 2 and none of the fire companies were on this. I could be wrong but I think they really only use the firegrounds for interop on large scale events?

Now if the database here is wrong and my scanner has the incorrect PL/DPL tones then I guess disregard the above? - I just went and checked my program and I have no fireground freq PL tones programmed in, so it should have stopped if any of the firegrounds activated. Incidentally I've never heard any traffic on any of the 6 fireground frequencies, except one time several months back...

Not sure on Fire Police. I want to say that they are using a frequency/PL that is (or used to be) listed as for "Monroe County Constables" but is actually Fire Police. :confused:

Dei2Racing

My experience with Wayne and Pike counties is the FG channels don't have repeaters. Unless your under a mile to the scene you Probly wont pick any thing up. If don't have a roof top atena the range is probly less with the terrain. As I under stand it they are more or less line of sight channels.

jluisi86

The database is correct for the Fireground channels. All of Monroe counties 6 fire ground channels are simplex, they are not on repeaters. You will only pick those channels up within a few miles of the area they are being used.

Fire Police does not have a dedicated channel like in the low band days. Some depts. use their own private channel or just use a fire ground channel.

Monroe County Fire East, Northeast, Central, West and South are all on different repeaters throughout the County.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
That's weird, The UHF paging system has been improved over the past 6 months, so if anything it should be working better. As far as the UHF fire channels, nothing has been changed with them, so I don't know why there is a receive issue. And 155.400 PL 186.2 is the primary RX ems channel now, and in fact is at a better spot then 155.280, so it should be working better. 151.115 is not being used anymore.

One of these days I'll set up my recorder and grab the difference I get receiving Carbon & Monroe. It's a huge difference how much clearer Carbon comes in for me over the last few years. The Monroe UHF paging didn't seam to change very much so I'm bummed I haven't seen an improvement. At one time I used to get them almost perfectly. I did manage to get lucky and catch traffic on one of the ops channels the other night. I think it was West but may have been Central. that's a rare occurrence so by the time the shock wore off the good fortune went with it & I heard nothing else.

countywacker

One of these days I'll set up my recorder and grab the difference I get receiving Carbon & Monroe. It's a huge difference how much clearer Carbon comes in for me over the last few years. The Monroe UHF paging didn't seam to change very much so I'm bummed I haven't seen an improvement. At one time I used to get them almost perfectly. I did manage to get lucky and catch traffic on one of the ops channels the other night. I think it was West but may have been Central. that's a rare occurrence so by the time the shock wore off the good fortune went with it & I heard nothing else.[/QUOT]

That sucks that your coverage is spotty, I would suggest improving your antenna system. You would be surprised what a $30 outside scanner antenna and a old TV antenna amp can do for performance gain.

Dei2Racing

I am in pike 6 miles above the Monroe county line. My coverage s bad too. I have discone antenna and don't get Monroe any better. I pick up everything north of me. Lackawanna 51 miles a way is clear. Wyoming comes in better. I might be terrain for me. I am 1800 feet. The antenna must be 1850 ish. I even pick up NY better.

jluisi86

Nothing new with Monroe dispatch not reaching you in Pike, this has been going on for years and years. I haven’t noticed anything better with dispatch freq either, the "upgrade" was more of replacing old equipment than it was to improve coverage.

countywacker

Nothing new with Monroe dispatch not reaching you in Pike, this has been going on for years and years. I haven’t noticed anything better with dispatch freq either, the "upgrade" was more of replacing old equipment than it was to improve coverage.

You are correct with Pike as the system was designed for Monroe. Monroe County has it own geographic coverage issues of its own which can be challenging at times. The "upgrade" was to replace the 20 year paging system. There was no additional paging sites added however newer equipment is more solid and sustainable in producing a more solid simulcasting paging system.

SCPD

QRT
I hear Monroe with some issues here in southeast corner of Sussex County,NJ. it breaks up at times.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I still haven't had a chance to get a recording of either County but surprisingly I was able to catch a bit of traffic on 155.4 this evening while sitting outside. I didn't get the dispatch and only got a chance to catch that one transmission. But at least I caught that.

Status
Not open for further replies.