Monroe Co EMS Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveradio

Monroe County Ems 151.1150 is no longer being used they switched over too 155.400 Repeated PL186.2 the old A-4 which is now A-6

Noticed the last week or two the 151.115 DPL174 went silent guessing this is final switch?

Cunnerman

Premium Subscriber
Yes I noticed this as well. I haven't seen any traffic on 151.115 since I don't know when. But for at least a week or more all of the EMS "dispatch" I hear is on 155.400.

Also it seems to me that when the EMTs ask for a 'class 3 patch to Pocono' it's much more scratchy to unreadable than it was before? Heard an EMT ask for a 'class 4 patch' this evening and wasn't sure if it was a mistake or a correct request.

I've also noticed an occasional transmission on a UHF frequency that I can't recall right now that I think is EMT to Pocono comms; but it seems to be very hit or miss as to its use?

Steveradio

Normally they do use UHF for patching but 80% of the time its crap.. They use cell phones patch via medcomm to the hospitals up this way more often. Check out MED 4 463.0750/468.0750 if you are near the hospital should be able to pick up comms..

For the Hospital patch on A-3 155.355 all ever hear is Switch over to A-3 attempt to contact.. picking up the hospital unless your near pocono hospital good luck hearing anything..

countywacker

All BLS patching is done over Monroe A-3 155.355. ALS relay and Command is done via Medcomm. Calling Medcomm on Med 4 and then switching to Med 3 for comms into PMC. Or of course they can use cell phone to be patched threw Medcomm.

mark40

Premium Subscriber
Good info...did not have the UHF freqs programmed previous to this thread. I work at PMC so I'll pay extra attention to detail in my comings and goings.

Dei2Racing

I have noticed 155.400 is real clear in Western pike county. Wish more of Monroe county frequencies were this clear.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

One13Truck

Feed Provider
So what are they using now? Is it still the 155.4000 or are they back on the 151.1150? I really can't get Monroe very often but I have both in the scanner and haven't heard a thing on either of them in weeks.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I can get Carbon's UHF about 75% of the time and the VHF about 5% of the time but anything in Monroe now I'll be able to get maybe 10-15% of the time at best. I'll have to monitor this and see if I can even get anything on this now. TY!

Steveradio

The only problem have with 155.400 is that 155.40000 KYQ553 RM 146.2 PL AMBO 5 VHF EMS Operations Hunterdon County, NJ shares the same frequency on some does a scanner without PL its difficult to monitor unless don't mind listening to out area units. Why they didn't keep 151.115 as primary A-6 not really sure.

Keep listen after 453.7500 goes out all EMS units are lower numbers from 3 to 18

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Well whatever they did I'm pretty much dead here now. I can still get the dispatches some of the time but the EMS high band channels I'm now getting nothing on. I did manage to hear some stuff on A-1 when I was in the area on Memorial Weekend but heard nothing on A-6 then either. Might've just been timing though.

Steveradio

Thats strange since they switched to being repeated. Wonder if you are getting blanked out by Hunterdon County, NJ.

PL186.2 for Monroe County. once in awhile they still use A-1 155.280 depending on location.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Well I'm down in a hole in a Valley in Luzerne so there's a lot that gets blocked for me here. Carbon still comes in relatively well on the UHF about 75-80% of the time on the dispatch channel and about 80% of the time on the UHF response channels but unless I'm outside the VHF EMS channel will never pick up.

For Monroe the last year or two maybe I'll get the UHF dispatch channel about 40-60% of the time now with about 5-10% of the time I can get the West FG. The rest of the grounds and the VHF channels never come in for me now. I used to be able to get the 155.28 on a pretty regular basis and can still if they decide to use that now but it's very rare if I can get the 155.4 or the 151.115 to receive. Even when outside. I can usually get lucky and get Lycoming, Tioga, Pike, and even Chester Counties more consistently than Monroe now and those I can only get about 5-10% of the time.

countywacker

That's weird, The UHF paging system has been improved over the past 6 months, so if anything it should be working better. As far as the UHF fire channels, nothing has been changed with them, so I don't know why there is a receive issue. And 155.400 PL 186.2 is the primary RX ems channel now, and in fact is at a better spot then 155.280, so it should be working better. 151.115 is not being used anymore.

Steveradio

I do have issues depending where located hearing Fire South Fire East Fire North East normally Fire Central and West are my strong channels.

Along with Carbon County Fire South North repeaters come in great but the Fire F-3 maybe once in a great while.

Monroe County seems to be a monitoring nightmare depending on where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.