Monroe County Deputy Shot in Brockport NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF-Burns

A Monore County Deputy has been shot in the leg in the Town of Sweden also known as Brockport. All Schools and the College have been put in Lock Down. Look under the NY Page and hit Monroe County for Freqs to listen.

D

DaveNF2G

No, the Town of Sweden is not "also known as" Brockport. The Village of Brockport is located within the Town of Sweden, on the border of the Town of Clarkson.

D

DaveNF2G

Route 31 (Fourth Section Road) at Commencement Drive is in the Town of Sweden, just barely outside the village.

Local news media are having trouble with the geography, too. One TV station reports the suspect taken into custody on Route 31F, which is on the other side of the county in Fairport. The location would be either Route 31 or Route 31A near Brockport.

RF-Burns

Dave,

Yes I do agree that the Village of Brockport is within the Town of Sweden. Having grown up in Brockport most of my life I no that. People who live in Sweden have a mailing address of Brockport not Sweden. That is why I listed it has, "Also known as Brockport." Most people from this area no where Brockport is, but if you say the Town of Sweden most people will say, "Where?"

Dan

Route 31 (Fourth Section Road) at Commencement Drive is in the Town of Sweden, just barely outside the village.

Local news media are having trouble with the geography, too. One TV station reports the suspect taken into custody on Route 31F, which is on the other side of the county in Fairport. The location would be either Route 31 or Route 31A near Brockport.

Status
Not open for further replies.