Monroe County DMR setup help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobashadow

I am not running a scanner so I can't just search for talkgroups as easy so help is greatly appreciated.

I have SW PD going since the switch over to DMR a couple years ago and hear it perfectly unless they "switch over" and recently changed the FD over to fix that one from the Analog setup, but I lost the utility board and the listed setup is not working for me currently. I have verified the freq, CC and slot and even tried slot 1 instead of 2 since the other ones in town use Slot 1 and still silence.

I have the radio in open group receive mode and get nothing at all still.

On a aside to that is there any other talkgroups / freq others have found in their search for the area?

I really need to get a digtal scanner one day but dang do they love them...

Thanks

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
Sweetwater PD is using Hytera's version of RAS so you'll need a scanner or SDR.

When they first transitioned to DMR they did not have it set up, but since early 2020 it's been enabled.

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
I think he's hinting that he has a portable, because he said he's not using a scanner
Right, but unless it's an authorized radio with the correct RAS/OTA key loaded he won't be able to hear anything.

Scanners, unication pagers, SDR Trunk, DSD+, etc. ignore the encrypted portion of the header and can still monitor the voice traffic.

Tobashadow

Right, but unless it's an authorized radio with the correct RAS/OTA key loaded he won't be able to hear anything.

Scanners, unication pagers, SDR Trunk, DSD+, etc. ignore the encrypted portion of the header and can still monitor the voice traffic.
I hear the SW PD absolutely fine unless they switch over to their what I assume is the encrypted key from time to time, what my question above was about is the Utility board DMR listing seems to be incorrect or I am doing something wrong on my end. Casue I can get everything else including the FD which is on DMR now also.

ccfire

Premium Subscriber
I have a Sweetwater pd and fd channels listed in my apx 8000 for the tacn rumor has it they have weak signal in town and was thinking about getting a tower put up via the county but are in need of funds

zachgallop

I heard what I thought was some Sweetwater PD Units or someone testing TACN for Sweetwater on TN State Net on February 3rd. They were talking about testing at the Dinner Bell, Walmart, on the Interstate, Monroe Street, Linwood Drive, Edgewood drive, and the hospital. The said it did not work in the basement of the hospital and were talking about it was mostly hitting Windrock and “crossville mtn” radio sites sounded like.

ccfire

Premium Subscriber
Yeah when I was over there a few months ago my portable radio could only hit star mountain until got out near Jacky Jones Ford signal was showing To be in the 50s and coming back from Lenoir city on 75 it couldn't pickup any of our towers just south of little Philly I didn't think to switch to monroe county net channel to see if I could pickup any towers in loudoun

Status
Not open for further replies.