Monroe County/DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack3726

I was searching through some old threads on this topic. The Database has from what it would appear are two DMR systems. One for the schools and one for the Jail and EM. Are these active at all, are they single freq DMR's then I take it. I know I had read where they may end up on some newer DMR for PD/FD and or TACN long term. I wasn't sure what is active based on the RR DB and no TG's listed. Sweetwater appears to have the same setup single freq DMR, but no TG's or info listed for them either.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
All DMR listed in Monroe County are accurate. I've verified and submitted all info. The talkgroups are listed along with cc and slot. All are single frequency and are not trunking, they work just like conventional analog frequencies. Word is the jail may be going to DMR eventually, but are currently using the analog frequency that EMA used before they switched to DMR. County Sheriff, EMS, and Fire are switching to TACN in the near future. Not sure about rescue, Tellico Plains PD or Vonore PD and Fire. Madisonville has no intention of switching from their analog systems as of now. Sweetwater PD will remain DMR and Sweetwater Fire is eventually switching to DMR on their current frequency. Not sure on any dates for the switchover for any of the agencies. I'm picking up some testing on the 9500 group range of TGID on the TACN from Monroe County.

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
I was searching through some old threads on this topic. The Database has from what it would appear are two DMR systems. One for the schools and one for the Jail and EM. Are these active at all, are they single freq DMR's then I take it. I know I had read where they may end up on some newer DMR for PD/FD and or TACN long term. I wasn't sure what is active based on the RR DB and no TG's listed. Sweetwater appears to have the same setup single freq DMR, but no TG's or info listed for them either.
The school districts system was being used pretty regularly last time I checked which was last year sometime if I recall correctly. The EMA repeater was very quiet at the time. The only thing I ever heard was range testing and test counts, along with a lot of text messages being sent back and forth. I assume they were probably setting up an SMTP/mail server or something.

Here is what I have for talkgroups on the Monroe county systems:
I have no idea what/who uses these. These are just what I noted having frequent activity.

Sweetwater PD uses tg800. They have their RIDs setup to match the badge/unit id of each officer. The second radio they have, I believe their mobles, has an 8 in front of the unit id to differentiate it from the other radio they have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.