Monroe County Fire...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorny41587

I used to live in Monroe County about four years ago and Station 47 was dispatched as Lambertville, I just started listening on the patch on 159.09 from thier junk TRS and now they're dispatched as 47 Bedford. Why is this? thanks.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Lambertville was the old designation - now 30 and 47 are both called Bedford.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
While were on the subject, let's not forget Station 56 that use to the the old Samaria Fire Dept. I believe that designation has recently been reserected as part of the new Bedford Twp. Fire Dept. ?

73's

Ron

pdale

Station 56 is indeed the new Bedford Twp. "headquarters" station located on Lewis Avenue. It responds with a rescue unit and/or an engine. The station does not yet respond on it's own due to manpower needs, but it does respond with 30 or 47 depending on the location and type of call.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
X1536 said:
I just started listening on the patch on 159.09 from thier junk TRS and now they're dispatched as 47 Bedford. Why is this? thanks.

Their Junk TRS??? It happens to be one of the better systems. Monroe was the first simulcast digital system in the state, and it has very good coverage. I am in ypsilanti and hear it just fine off a beam pointed south. You do not indicate where you are located to make a statement like that. Their system is a very good system, regareless what everyone says. If you have a proper setup and are close to monroe, then you will hear it, otherwise it will be the same as Detroits system, you simply will not be able to hear it.

Saying that it is a junk TRS though is simply not correct. The system is working just like it should.

seamusg

X1536 said:
I live on Holland, in Lucas County... it's about 20 minutes south of Sylvania.
You're too far south to get the Monroe Co. simulcast. A simulcast system is designed to keep it's signal in it's area. The Detroit, Monroe and Genesee Co. simulcasts can't be received very well outside of their areas.

GTO_04

seamusg said:
You're too far south to get the Monroe Co. simulcast. A simulcast system is designed to keep it's signal in it's area. The Detroit, Monroe and Genesee Co. simulcasts can't be received very well outside of their areas.

Would the same apply to an EDACS simulcast system? I have certainly observed that to be the case. Once I leave my home county the EDACS reception drops noticeably. I can still pick it up but there is a distinct drop in signal quality.

GTO_04

seamusg

GTO_04 said:
Would the same apply to an EDACS simulcast system? I have certainly observed that to be the case. Once I leave my home county the EDACS reception drops noticeably. I can still pick it up but there is a distinct drop in signal quality.

GTO_04
Probably worse since the Motorola P25 simulcasts seem to have a wall on their boarder. At my daughter's house on the Genesee, Oakland Co. boader, reception is very choppy on the Genesee Co. simulcast.

rjschall

Just another quick note about monroe county fire, the county board of commissioners have agreed to purchase around 350 Motorola Minitor V pagers so they can get rid of the Minitor I and II pagers. Crystals of the 159.090 frequency would've been needed to put in those pagers but were not guaraneteed to work. So it was the decision of the county, with the help of my fire chief who was greatly pushing this issue since our pager failure back in March and we are finally getting somewhere. This way with the Minitor V's they can be computer programmed with the 159.090 frequency and the reception is much clearer since it's already being used across the 4 towers in the county, plus all the pagers will have the "all tone" feature so if we get severe weather, all the pagers in the county will be set off at once by one tone instead of toning out each individual departments which takes about 12 minutes. I am glad that this finally went through. But the biggest problem is that the new frequency can only be used by central dispatch and them only. Since we do a "re-tone" on all calls anyways, we arent allowed to do that because we are not licensed to do so, so we cannot rebroadcast our calls. Plus they cannot set off our tone that sets the fire sirens off in each town! I hope that kink gets worked out real soon to avoid any further problems but I'm glad to see that there is progress. I'll keep everyone updated if anything further comes through!

VolCapt

What's going on with the PL on the new frequency? I had 118.8 programmed in and noticed a few days ago that I wasn't picking up any calls on 159.090, only 154.430.

I put the Pro-96 on CT Search tonight and it seems to be scrolling through several different PL codes each time they tone somebody out.

Status
Not open for further replies.