Monroe County New Freq. Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjschall

Program 159.090 in your scanners for all of you Monroe County listeners! As of today, they are patching the 58F911 800 MHz talkgroup over this frequency so you can hear everything thats going on in the county on the main fire freq! Central dispatch is toning out the dept's on this freq too. A large majority of these fire dept.'s have their pagers reprogrammed to this freq. and now they can hear everything like trucks going enroute, etc. Enjoy!

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
dense - it is not a repeater, there are no units transmitting on that frequency.

VolCapt

Sounds pretty good and it sure is nice to be able to hear everything again (at least until they switch over to an Emergency or department TG ).

Good job MonroeUser ;-)

MONROEUSER

All total we are transmitting at 400 watts. The patch is working out great. There are alot of things in the works to make the communications here better. Hopefully there will be some very noticeable differences. The Fire Departments are being offered the opportunity to transmit on the 159.090 if they so choose. Thanks for the appreciation!!!

rjschall

MONROEUSER said:
All total we are transmitting at 400 watts. The patch is working out great. There are alot of things in the works to make the communications here better. Hopefully there will be some very noticeable differences. The Fire Departments are being offered the opportunity to transmit on the 159.090 if they so choose. Thanks for the appreciation!!!

...well that'll be nice if we get our butts moving and have our radios reprogrammed! lol...would we be able to "retone" ourselves as we normally do? I'll pass it on to my chief that we are able to transmit if he already doesnt know!

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
rjschall said:
...well that'll be nice if we get our butts moving and have our radios reprogrammed! lol...would we be able to "retone" ourselves as we normally do? I'll pass it on to my chief that we are able to transmit if he already doesnt know!

Just make sure that your department, and everyone else for that matter, are properly licensed to transmit on 159.090 MHz.

73's

Ron

Last edited:

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
MONROEUSER said:

Are you going to be putting the PL back on 159.090 MHz? For the longest time you were transmitting 118.8 Hz, but stopped. I can't think of anyone else who uses that PL around the Great Lakes region on that frequency.

73's

Ron

fireresq2825

118.8 was never actually transmitted. If anything was decoding it, it was probably a harmonic of 60 hz hum bleeding through. On a simulcast system PL has to be encoded a little different than on a normal non simulcast station, and the equipment isn't currently configured to do so.

denseglow

What is 154.43 for then? I still hear them with a PL of 85.4.

Last edited by a moderator:

rjschall

As of 9/26/06, 154.430 will no longer be used in monroe county. Every department will have pagers reprogrammed compatible with the 159.090 freq. We are getting our new ones this week :D

MONROEUSER

We are using a digital p.l. right now. For a few days we were using 85.4 for transmit and receive but there were some interference issues. Now we are not having any issues. We are going to get everyone who wants to be licensed on the 159 licensed under the same license. Since everyones "base" stations are around 40 watts the FCC will alow us to add them as mobile users under our license.

We will no longer be using the 154.43 as of Sept. 26. We are going to set up the consoles for sirens to be activated off that frequency for those who still use them but there will be no voice coming acrossed it from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.