Monroe county Ohio MARCS scanner help

Daniel5551

Monroe county Ohio /woodsfield Ohio, looking for a scanner that can pick up Ohio MARCS p25 trunked phase 2 that’s what Monroe county Ohio runs
Below is attached photos of the system and codes

Attachments

• 32815D2D-C5BF-4604-8BD9-79D4D79994F7.png
    32815D2D-C5BF-4604-8BD9-79D4D79994F7.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 25
  • BFDA189A-6D10-493E-972A-A94F38230885.png
    BFDA189A-6D10-493E-972A-A94F38230885.png
    185.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:

JethrowJohnson

looking for a scanner that can pick up Ohio MARCS p25 trucked phase 2 that’s what Monroe county Ohio runs
Okay, Ohio MARCS-IP isn't a Phase II system. It is capable of Phase II, but it would need upgrades for that and they'd have to replace all the FDMA radios with TDMA capable radios. So it is Phase I for now and the foreseeable future, and it might stay Phase I forever because of how much it would cost and how long it would take to upgrade the system. Secondly, you're looking in the wrong chart, their channels are in this chart: https://www.radioreference.com/db/sid/6643

To program your scanner, you just go down to the chart that says Sites and Frequencies and program the frequencies in Monroe County, and then you go down to the Talkgroups chart and look for Monroe County (56) It would be closer to the middle and bottom of the page (it's a long page) and just program the TGIDs that you want to monitor and there ya go. If you have any questions, just let me know and I'll see what I can do. 🙂

Last edited:

JethrowJohnson

Oh, and a good scanner would be a Uniden Bearcat BCD436HP, or a BCD325P2, or even an SDS100, but they're pretty expensive. It depends on what kind of scanner you want, what kind of scanner will work, and what you can afford. Do you want a portable scanner that you can carry in your pocket or do you want a base/mobile?

Daniel5551

Oh, and a good scanner would be a Uniden Bearcat BCD436HP, or a BCD325P2, or even an SDS100, but they're pretty expensive. It depends on what kind of scanner you want, what kind of scanner will work, and what you can afford. Do you want a portable scanner that you can carry in your pocket or do you want a base/mobile?
I’d prefer a handheld

JethrowJohnson

I’d prefer a handheld
Okay, so personally, I like the ones that I mentioned above, but they are expensive. I have a BCD436HP and it works really well, and even though they don't usually work well on simulcast sites, I haven't had hardly any trouble with it here, but that won't be a problem for you anyway because Monroe County is a single tower site, so I think you'd probably like it, too. What price range are you looking for?

Daniel5551

Okay, so personally, I like the ones that I mentioned above, but they are expensive. I have a BCD436HP and it works really well, and even though they don't usually work well on simulcast sites, I haven't had hardly any trouble with it here, but that won't be a problem for you anyway because Monroe County is a single tower site, so I think you'd probably like it, too. What price range are you looking for?
Really have none as long as I can use it for my local areas have u listened to any of Monroe county or Caldwell areas I see ur in Marietta?

JethrowJohnson

Iv been looking at the sds 100 how are they at programming ??
I don't know that much about the SDS100 because I don't have one, but I've been researching them and it seems to have basically the same setup as the BCD436HP except that it's a little more advanced. They seem like really good scanners though. They're really similar to mine as far as programming.

Daniel5551

Really have none as long as I can use it for my local areas have u listened to any of Monroe county or Caldwell areas I see ur in Marietta?
Not sure if we are able to use fb or maybe a phone number not sure what they allow us to text but I’ll give it a shot if u was cool with fb messenger or something can talk a bit easier on their thanks.

JethrowJohnson

Yep. I have all the surrounding counties in Ohio and WV in my scanner, but I only turn them on when Washington County goes to one of them for mutual aid or something like that. But I've heard them a lot when I've used Discovery Mode and ID Search.

JethrowJohnson

Not sure if we are able to use fb or maybe a phone number not sure what they allow us to text but I’ll give it a shot if u was cool with fb messenger or something can talk a bit easier on their thanks.
You can PM me here. There should be an envelope symbol at the top right of the screen right next to the notification bell.

Daniel5551

I don't know that much about the SDS100 because I don't have one, but I've been researching them and it seems to have basically the same setup as the BCD436HP except that it's a little more advanced. They seem like really good scanners though. They're really similar to mine as far as programming.
Ok sounds good now that website u sent me is it only visible on pc bc my phone won’t load it all the way for some reason

Swipesy

Daniel, something to keep in mind when you are deciding what scanner to buy. The Ohio MARCS System is a mixed bag of simulcast towers and non simulcast towers depending on where you are within the State. Monroe County does not have a lot of towers and looks to be a mixture of simulcast and non simulcast. If you are looking at traveling around the State and out of State with your scanner be mindful that the only scanner(s) on the market today that can deal properly with simulcast are the Uniden SDS-100 and SDS-200. As was mentioned by others these two scanner are very expensive but they are designed to handle simulcast. Any other Uniden or Whistler scanner that you consider is a hit and miss as to receiving clear transmissions. You can spend $600-$900 on the Uniden's SDS models that work most of the time on simulcast towers or spend $300-$500 on other Uniden's or Whistler's and have a worthless scanner in some areas. The rule with non SDS scanners is location, location, location.

Daniel5551

I have it programmed but barly anything come in not sure if something is set wrong shows data then sometimes says link once a ch talks and that rarely happens