Monroe County, PA police

Status
Not open for further replies.

poconodan

Premium Subscriber
I have not been listening to my scanner for sometime. Last week I decided to get back into having it on all the time. I went online to check to ensure my freq list was up to date.
Has something changed with the police departments in the Poconos? All weekend I only heard a few calls on North dispatch 460.400 and one call on Pocono regional 460.150. There was no traffic at all on the other channels.
Fire channel were pretty quiet this weekend (that's a good thing) which is unusual.
Spent most of the time listening to Pocono Country Place Security.
Anybody can give me an updated list or let me know if the agencies have change systems. I know I cannot listen to PSP anymore.
Thanks

dmg1969

Here is the link to the Monroe County page in the Radio Reference database. Monroe County, Pennsylvania (PA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference for your reference. You may want to bookmark it. It comes in handy.

What type of scanner are you using (brand and model)? As countywhacker asked...what type of antenna setup do you have? Check all connections per his recommendation. Also check your squelch. Let us know.

Edit to add: You can still monitor PSP's old VHF frequencies. They do use them from time to time in areas that the Open Sky radio are sketchy. You should also hear the troopers doing a VHF radio check at the beginning of their shifts.

poconodan

Premium Subscriber
Good advice

I appreciate the quick response. I purchased a Radio shack PRO-450 on eBay. I didn't want to spend to much money since at this time I am unemployed. Right now I am using the stock antenna. My roof antenna is located in another room and I want to reroute the wires to where I am sitting now.
I do have a better antenna put I need an adapter to attach it to the connecter in the back of the scanner.
When I straighten that all out I will let you know how I make out.
Thanks again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.