Monroe County Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
We received word today that the new Monroe County Project 25 TRS came online. If anyone can provide more detailed information, we will add it to the database. Thank you!

73's

Ron

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
Yes, new system for Monroe County and Key West. Only a few Talkgroups on so far. All the new Talkgroups and Frequencies are posted on RR Monroe County but not entered into the database for download to scanner yet. Hope that RR programs the rest of them into their database in the next few days.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
You do realize, don't you, that we scanner hobbyists have to determine what the new talkgroups are, right? They don't just magically get entered by a talkgroup fairy overnight while we sleep.

I'm figuring out what I can as they use them. Just tonight I heard a bit of chatter about directing a movie crew shooting a film on talkgroup 529, but I don't know what agency it was. It was carried on the Key West site.

My live online spreadsheet posted in the other thread linked above has my latest findings.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I understand how the talkgroup scenario works. I used the ARC500 scanner software for my Pro106 for years and RR did a great job having all the talkgroup codes ready for download until my scanner died last month. My Uniden BCD436HP uses the Sentinel software and they have not updated their database from RR this last week with Monroe County's newest system. My ARC500 software is already updated with all the new system frequencies and talkgroups but not compatable with BCD436. I assume the Sentinel software will update soon. I guess I'm just impatient and don't won't to go through the long task of programming this info into my scanner manually.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
If you're in Key Largo you could help yourself and the rest of us out by determining what some of the lesser used talkgroups are. Like last night a sheriff's deputy went to "i-tac" but my scanner feed in Key West did not hear him since nobody in Key West tuned over there, so that site did not carry that talkgroup. But up where you are you have a better chance that it would be carried. That's just one example. There are a few talkgroups named "Upper Keys" and "Middle Keys" for both police and fire that you would hear that my Key West feed wouldn't.

So putting your 436 into SEARCH mode would let you figure out and write down some more talkgroups for addition to the database. What do you say?

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
OK, will do what I can to help find any new talkgroups. Have you checked out the new Monroe talkgroups and frequencies at Monroe County Public Services Trunking System, Monroe County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies. I just didn't want to add these manually and have gotten spoiled these last years with the easy to use software for scanners out nowadays. By the way, the film crew in the Keys is from Netflix and they have been shooting the series Bloodline for about a year now and will premier in the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.