Monroe County Radio call signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
On Tues morning (11/16) Monroe Sheriff announced they were now up and live on some new system. (I didn't understand the name). Since then I've started to hear deputies with their own callsigns rather than an area callsign. Command is on the lower end on 58-XX. So far I've only noted this on the Sheriff. Other departments don't seem to have changed.

nsrailfan6130

I have heard mainly 50s and 60s MCSO call signs nothing below that yet. unless I missed some.

On Tues morning (11/16) Monroe Sheriff announced they were now up and live on some new system. (I didn't understand the name). Since then I've started to hear deputies with their own callsigns rather than an area callsign. Command is on the lower end on 58-XX. So far I've only noted this on the Sheriff. Other departments don't seem to have changed.

west-pac

Officers now have their own unit number?..whereas they didn't previously? Monroe county is county number 58 (in alphabetically order) out of all of the counties in Michigan.

nsrailfan6130

Yes we are well aware that the Co number for Monroe Co is 58. Previously, 58xx was never used. Sheriff Patrols were numbered 100s, 200s, 300s.

Officers now have their own unit number?..whereas they didn't previously? Monroe county is county number 58 (in alphabetically order) out of all of the counties in Michigan.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
There are many agencies that either didn't or don't use that format. This is new for MONROE County.

Thatsclear

Premium Subscriber
Back in the day there was a unit simply referred to as "Frenchtown". The Charles units I believe were MSP. It seems like there were areas 1, 2, 3 with adam and boy designators. I don't recall david being used with sheriff, only with the city units.

Status
Not open for further replies.