monroe county sheriff dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccfire

I noticed today that on occasion someone was using voice inversion on the sheriff dispacth frequency. Has any one else heard this?

n4yek

Well I asked him and he told me unless it is something he is un-aware of, it is not coming from them. They don't have encryption capabilities, so it must be coming from another area you are picking up from time to time.

Last edited:

click23

Premium Subscriber
I know Athens city and Loudon County both use inversion, maybe you had on one of their frequencies. I do know that a year or so ago, for about 20 minutes one day, I heard inversion on McMinn counties dispatch frequency. I am not sure what it was, Athens city on the wrong channel, McMinn CSO evaluating inversion, or what. I have listen a bit to Monroe county's dispatch, but have not heard any inversion.

ccfire

Hey guys thanks it could have been bleedover from someone else I do not know. But anyway I will keep an ear on it and see what happens. happy scanning.

N2AL

I sopke with a Monroe Co. supervisor and he told me that some supervisors had the voice inversion capabilities. That was about a year and a half ago.

SCPD

QRT
Several of you are mis-informed.
Facts:
All of Monroe Co SO radios, all of Sweetwater PD, & some of the Christianburg FD radios have voice inversion. But most of the users have no clue how to use it or don't know they even have it ! Lucky for you scanners listeners :)

Reference City of Athens PD, they use rolling code Transcript boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.