Monroe County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I just had a question so, I used to live in Monroe County... and I know the only active analog frequency is 159.090 patched the the digital radio system for volunteers, well my question is! Why didn't they just use 154.355 or 154.430 which they were already licensed for? Why would they spend extra money on a new freq for just the analog pagers? thanks.

I just had a question so, I used to live in Monroe County... and I know the only active analog frequency is 159.090 patched the the digital radio system for volunteers, well my question is! Why didn't they just use 154.355 or 154.430 which they were already licensed for? Why would they spend extra money on a new freq for just the analog pagers? thanks.

A good question. Yeah you would think they would use those freqs in use already.

Possibly maybe they just want to keep the pagers seperate from those freqs because they only want those ones that were already currently licensed just for radio purposes only.

Hard to say. I'm sure somebody may have better answer than mine.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
430 was due to interference issues as I recall.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
At the time they decided to install their simulcast paging system, neither 154.355 or 154.430 MHz, could be used due to harmful interference problems with nearby counties and neighboring Canada. They even looked at using 158.955 MHz, but here again it would have caused problems for a nearby agency on 158.940 MHz. Therefore, APCO did a frequency search and came up with 159.090 MHz. This was the old Detroit Police paging frequency that had been abandoned for several years, and was granted permission for them to use at the time for fire paging in Monroe County.

73s

Ron

SCPD

QRT
At the time they decided to install their simulcast paging system, neither 154.355 or 154.430 MHz, could be used due to harmful interference problems with nearby counties and neighboring Canada. They even looked at using 158.955 MHz, but here again it would have caused problems for a nearby agency on 158.940 MHz. Therefore, APCO did a frequency search and came up with 159.090 MHz. This was the old Detroit Police paging frequency that had been abandoned for several years, and was granted permission for them to use at the time for fire paging in Monroe County.

73s

Ron

thanks everyone! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.