Monroe County

bkirk3434

I am going to be in Monroe County this week and want to listen. I would appreciate some intel from someone that listens regularly.

I started by putting in 58P911/58F911 in but what else do I need?

- Do all of the communities' PDs talk on 58P911 or do they talk on their "proprietary" channels? Either way, who is all on 58P911?
- Same question for FD on 58F911: I notice a lot of Fireground channels but no Dispatch channels. Do the toneouts go on 58F911 and then the chatter afterword on the individual Fireground channels?
- Also, does the Monroe County TGs bounce off of Wayne County towers?

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
I am going to be in Monroe County this week and want to listen. I would appreciate some intel from someone that listens regularly.

I started by putting in 58P911/58F911 in but what else do I need?

- Do all of the communities' PDs talk on 58P911 or do they talk on their "proprietary" channels? Either way, who is all on 58P911?
- Same question for FD on 58F911: I notice a lot of Fireground channels but no Dispatch channels. Do the toneouts go on 58F911 and then the chatter afterword on the individual Fireground channels?
- Also, does the Monroe County TGs bounce off of Wayne County towers?

Almost all law dispatch will take place on 58P911. I think The City of Monroe still uses their own talkgroup TG-2356.

All Monroe fire is dispatched on 58F911. They will often move to an Emergency Scene talkgroup.

Monroe on other towers. Hit and miss. I often hear them, but not always and I may hear dispatch, but not the Emergency talkgroups.

MSP District 1 and HVA (MCA) D-2 (TG-2238) are other good talkgroups for the area.