Monroe Fire move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newshound

Premium Subscriber
I talked with the Monroe Fire Chief the other day, and he mentioned that the FD has ordered 800 mhz radios, and will be joining the Charlotte-Mecklenburg TRS. I don't know if the PD or SD will be joining, but the city FD evidently will be moving over later this year. They received a federal grant for the radios. They also received a grant to hire 12 additional FF's.

I would assume they will be building a repeater site. He also mentioned that they will be able to jump over to the Viper system if needed.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
>> I would assume they will be building a repeater site.

My understanding is that Mecklenberg County will be paying for the construction of a couple of trunked sites in Union County, which will extend coverage in the western half of that county. I haven't heard who will supply the land for the sites.

>> He also mentioned that they will be able to jump over to the Viper system if needed.

Just a presumption, but I would expect that only supervisory radios would be subscribed to the Viper system, since there is really little need for the department to have access to both the CMPD and Viper systems ... particularly if they retain the UHF radios in the trucks.

BTW - I heard the "rumor" a couple of weeks ago from someone involved in the county fire and ems end of the public safety spectrum in Union County, with regards to his department getting some 800 radios in the future.

While I got you here, Bob, a couple of PL tone changes ...

- Lancaster Co Fire changed to 136.5 Hz on 154.400 ... was 127.3, then was 151.4
- Tega Cay Police may now be using 203.5 Hz on 154.860

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Jeff,
Please do me a big favor and submit this info to RR.com so I can claim it and add/correct in the database...I am still recovering from the Clemson/FSU game...way to go Tigers! (I was born in Anderson) :D
Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

jeffmulter said:
While I got you here, Bob, a couple of PL tone changes ...

- Lancaster Co Fire changed to 136.5 Hz on 154.400 ... was 127.3, then was 151.4
- Tega Cay Police may now be using 203.5 Hz on 154.860

rmquinn3419

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm that Lancaster Fire has changed their PL tone to 136.5 i monitored this channel earlier and it showed 136.5

Thanks
rmquinn3419

Newshound

Premium Subscriber
Jeff & others;

Thanks for the update on the PL tones. I am working more in Union County, for the time being at least, and will try to update the progress when I can.

Bob

bonus1331

Interesting how Mint Hill leaves the CMPD TRS while Monroe FD joins.
I cannot figure out how this works!
Hey, as long as we, Union County residents don't have to send our kids to CMS or pay Meck. taxes; I'm cool;-)

atwageman

bonus1331 said:
Interesting how Mint Hill leaves the CMPD TRS while Monroe FD joins.
I cannot figure out how this works!
Hey, as long as we, Union County residents don't have to send our kids to CMS or pay Meck. taxes; I'm cool;-)

Your right about the taxes and schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.