Monroe/Ontario County Project 25 Phase II ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed allot more activity on talkgroup:
Dec 2221 Towns North Ch 2 (Car to Car). I never hear anything on this previously.
Has something changed?

mc48

Premium Subscriber
There have been a lot of changes made this week and at times things seem to get moved around somehow. I submitted a Fire Bureau Ops TGID-1802 to the RR Database and I'm working to confirm a Second Battalion Fire Police group TGID-1523 . Try using the search ID function and you can see the transmissions move around to different TGID's. Sheriffs dispatch and West Admin were relocated for a short time overnight yesterday.

k2hz

Database Admin
Thanks for submitting TG-1802. I have been hearing it for some time and it seemed to be MC Fire Bureau but I could not pin it down to submit it.
I have another possible Fire Bureau mystery: TG-1811. It is active infrequently and at times it sounds like either dispatcher training or simulated incident exercises. Also, I have heard what seems to be occasional RFD coverage testing on TG-1702.

TG-2221 has been active ever since the Towns North units got trunked radios but activity is very sporadic. I submitted it some time ago. It seems to be mostly informal "talk", primarily Webster units. I have also heard some occasional similar activity on 2219 that appears to be Irondequoit cars. And, 2213 just heard once and not sure what agency.

There are 2 apparent County Services TGs that have been on since the earliest days of the system that I can not ID:
TG-1061 has units that affiliate with it every day but never seem to say anything. I have suspected it might be OEM.
TG-1067 is rarely active and it may be Monroe Community Hospital since the only time I heard anything that tended to ID it was "meet me at the pharmacy". Another case of units affiliate but don't say anything.

Homer_LCPDFR

Premium Subscriber
I have suspected it might be OEM.

I would imagine you're talking about county OEM, but is there any chance state is involved? State OEM has been stumping me ever since I picked up some blank transmissions on Region V Operations during a storm. I assumed the channels were defunct until that point, and I've been trying to figure out where they operate ever since.

k2hz

Database Admin
All I can say is the 106x TGs all seem to be County Services. The RIDs on these TGs are mostly 10035xx. The only TG positively Identified is the 1067 Medical Examiner. It looks these users are those that were formerly on 153.920 which were primarily, OEM, ME and Parks. I have not found any indication Parks are on the system. The only Parks vehicles I have seen with antennas are a few at the Zoo.

k2hz

Database Admin
All I can say is the 106x TGs all seem to be County Services. The RIDs on these TGs are mostly 10035xx. The only TG positively Identified is the 1067 Medical Examiner. It looks these users are those that were formerly on 153.920 which were primarily, OEM, ME and Parks. I have not found any indication Parks are on the system. The only Parks vehicles I have seen with antennas are a few at the Zoo.
Correction to above - the Medical examiner is 1065 and 1066 is maybe their "F2" but it is seldom used. 1067 is the possible Community Hospital per my original post.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Correction to above - the Medical examiner is 1065 and 1066 is maybe their "F2" but it is seldom used. 1067 is the possible Community Hospital per my original post.
Just wondering which site(s) you monitor? I only have the west simulcast active, I never listen to the other sites so I have not heard any of the groups you list. There was a lot of activity on the Fire Police group last evening as Hamlin had several roads blocked. I'm going to monitor for a while longer to confirm but it looks like its the second battalion FP channel. I also hear a lot of activity on 50589 which appears to be a dupe or link for Pure Waters Sewers "690" TGID 1025. I have been recording overnight and then replay the next day with the UnidenWavPlayer, makes it much easier to gather TGID's and UID's to add to the system.

k2hz

Database Admin
50598 is a patch of TG 1025 and 1027 so it will show up for either of those TGs on a scanner. The patch seems to be up all the time so I assume it is because it is one dispatcher for both TGs. These 50xxx patch TG numbers can change any time the patch is re-established so it can be a nuisance for scanners.

I monitor East since I am in that zone and can also monitor South but West is poor reception. East seems to usually have all TGs active since it covers the City so there will usually be some units from every active TG affiliated. East and South also get a lot of Ontario TGs. From the limited number of times I have listened to West, it does seem to have less activity and there are likely TGs, such as the Zoo, with users not likely to be affiliated.

I run Unitruker occasionally for a few days at a time to log TG activity and I have no hits on your possible Fire Police. So, it may be a strictly West area thing. I also got the impression the one time I heard 2213 was that it was a West area department which is why I do not hear it regularly.

hatch97

East and South also get a lot of Ontario TGs.

Thank you for this. I had wondered why when I first set up my scanner I heard Ontario traffic and more recently I wasn't anymore. Turns out somehow the Monroe sites had been inadvertently removed from the system in my Ontario favorites list. Added them back in and am now hearing plenty of traffic from Ontario talkgroups.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
I found another TG yesterday, 2217 They said they were on channel 2 and it was Gates PD cars, looks like it may be Towns West car to car.
TG-1703 showed up with test counts today, that would put it with the Rochester fire talk groups. One question I have is how do we know when a group is removed, say Union Hill FD as an example?
I also tried to use the south and east sites but there wasn't enough signal to decode anything, I ordered a cheapo Yagi to try out on receiving Orleans county I guess I can try on those sites as well.

k2hz

Database Admin
I found another TG yesterday, 2217 They said they were on channel 2 and it was Gates PD cars, looks like it may be Towns West car to car.
From what I have heard on the 22xx TGs, the users do call it channel 2. Not sure if each PD has its own "channel 2" TG available or if they are for groups like Towns North and West. I called 2221 Towns North since I was not sure it was exclusively Webster. It is hard to tell who you are hearing since a lot of the time it is just first names but some Webster units were using the last 2 digits of their car number which, along with locations mentioned, confirmed it. I hear Irondequoit locations mentioned on 2219 but nothing to confirm the users.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
The site I'm listening to is the Monroe East. The only tg new to me,is 7025,seems to be some tac group.

Last edited:

eng5

Premium Subscriber
The site I'm listening to is the Monroe East. The only tg new to me,is 7025,seems to be some tac group.
7025 is an Ontario County law enforcement talkgroup. The only identifier I’ve heard on it is, ahem, “channel 2” :)

stevez97

Premium Subscriber
Great discussion guys! I have me motivated to "go on the hunt" for some TG's. I was under the assumption that the TG's were well established and nothing new would be popping up. Well..................we know what happens when we assume. <grin>

Status
Not open for further replies.