Monroe PD UHF Digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dittrimd

I drive East Hartford to Bethel several times a week and recently picked up some digital transmissions on 453.6125 on my 785D. I have this programmed as a conventional analog frequency because it is used by KX, TN and QV to link to the Birch Mountain site as well as an FB2 for the 33.90 cross band repeater. During a recent trip on I-84 between Waterbury and Danbury I started picking up police digital transmissions. I checked the FCC and found only the town of Monroe with a licensed in addition to QV and KX. Just wondering if anyone knows about this system? It did not sound like a trunked system becuase I was able to hear all comms pretty clearly and the license is for PW. Just wondering.

Thanks,

Mark

JimTailor

Monroe PD

Monroe went digital, maybe a couple of years ago. I don't think its encrpted but since I don't have a digital scanner I haven't paid much attention to what they're doing.

dittrimd

Must be nice for a small town like Monroe to afford a digital system. Oh I forgot you have to change your persepective for towns in Farfield County... I think it is a Conventional Digital system. I am more interested in infrastructure. How many sites? voting? simulcasting? The transmission I have heard all are in the clear but that does not mean they do not have encryption capability.

Mark

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
digital and in the clear so far.heard awhile back they were encrypted but haven't had it happen yet. Only smaller towns further south encrypt everything- it's those darn barking dogs i tell ya and the media and the terrorists getting their hands on whos dog it is would be such a threat to national security-LOL!!! On the serious side-I can see some of the bigger towns having encryption or even detectives,vice, narcs etc having and using it - but some of the places that do and are - for gods sake - better equip your services and moreover your personnel.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.