Monrovia and South Pasadena PD analog dispatch

bubbablitz

I visit the Los Angeles area on regular basis. Out of curiosity, knowing that most of the area is digital now, I scan for public safety analog transmissions which are few and far between nowadays. Anyway, while scanning, I came across both Monrovia (158.730) and South Pasadena (470.9875) police dispatch both in the clear on what I thought were their old channels, conducting normal business. Both are listed in the database as being dispatched by ICI. Also, per the database, South Pasadena's FCC license WRCA356, expired back in 2019. Does anyone know if they are still transitioning? I'm very naive when it comes to these consolidated public safety dispatch outfits. Is there a trial period, like a cooling off period, whereas if your not satisfied that you can break the contract and go back to being dispatched by your own department? Inquiring minds want to know! Thank you.

F

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
470.9875 is apparently licensed as a high-power NXDN ultra-narrow trunked business channel at five high-level sites to MRA on WQLA446 effective 05/06/2022 (along with 15 other T-band 470 and 512 channels). Some of the construction dates go back to 2010, though.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Monrovia never went to ICI for PD. Maybe in the future, but not as of now. Only Monrovia Fire is on ICI. South Pas is a different story..

bubbablitz

Monrovia never went to ICI for PD. Maybe in the future, but not as of now. Only Monrovia Fire is on ICI. South Pas is a different story..
Thanks guys. I checked ICI’s website, it shows Monrovia PD “In Process”. So what’s the different story with South Pasadena, if anyone knows?

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the update. It's always nice to have that old school PD in VHF on High Band with a CTCSS tone in Analog too. Amazing. Get that nice distance reception with a 30 ft. ST-2 Antenna.

Everyone know what I am talking about. Also, get that end Motorola chirp to identify their radio ID's. They trail end the tone with some setting within Motorola ASTRO 25 CPS Programming Software. Conventional Personality settings.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys. I checked ICI’s website, it shows Monrovia PD “In Process”. So what’s the different story with South Pasadena, if anyone knows?
coverage issues in some parts of the city. better to use their analog conventional than ICI. At least that was the story a couple years ago..