Monrovia Officer Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

Listened to this live last night, at about 12:15 PM. If you are on MPD1 (158.7300) you can hear 'em talking about homicide units in relation to the scene. Maybe one or the other was killed?

Duarte/Alamitas remains closed till further notice...

Recording: http://media.putfile.com/Monrovia-Officer-Down

MONROVIA, Calif. -- A Monrovia police officer and a gunman were wounded in an exchange of gunfire Sunday, a Monrovia lieutenant told City News Service.

The officer-involved shooting at Mayflower Avenue and Duarte Road occurred about 12:30 a.m., said the lieutenant, who asked not to be named.

Officers were looking for someone they believed was breaking into vehicles, sheriff's Lt. Larry Lincoln told Newsreel.

An officer who wanted to question a "suspicious person" started chasing him and the man turned on the officer with a gun, he said.

The officer was wounded and police returned fire, wounding the suspect, he said.

"The [gunman] sustained numerous gunshot wounds and is in critical condition," Lincoln told Newsreel.

He was described as a man in his mid-30s.

The officer sustained a gunshot wound to the torso and was said to have stable vital signs, he told Newsreel.

CharlesDom

I was listening to this as it happened. I only live about 5 miles away from Monrovia so it came in pretty clear. From I heard last about the officer, he's expected to make a full recovery. I'm they caught the scum bag suspect. He will now spend a lot of years in prison.

Sac916

landonjensen said:
.... can hear 'em talking about homicide units in relation to the scene. Maybe one or the other was killed?

Most Homocide units investigate officer involved shootings, fatal or not.

key2_altfire

I live in Monrovia, and heard the calls, although I'm on the opposite side of town (such as it is; the "opposite" side of town is only like three blocks). I was searching through the 40m band on the IC-R1500, and when the 1500 is tied up I'll usually sit my 2m transceiver on the Monrovia PD dispatch frequency (158.7300). When I first heard it, my heart jumped quite a bit. Called the wife over so we could listen for a while. I'm glad they caught the scumbag, too bad he didn't die.

Status
Not open for further replies.