Monster Jam Radio Frequencies

Muffin

Curious if anyone has information on the Monster Truck radio frequencies for Canada / Western United States?

Several years ago (pre-covid) my son and I attended the Monster Trucks at Vancouver, B.C.s Pacific Coliseum and the Track Officials were using UHF radios on DMR protocols. After searching the forums, the only info I could find was based out of the southern US specifically sighting the FELD group with VHF channels and some UHF channels but none of which were DMR. The Monster Jam is coming back to the Pacific Coliseum on March 17th-19th, 2023 and it would be great to take along a scanner to hear the action! Curious if the trucks are radio equipped like Nascar and Indycar? Any help / feedback here would be awesome! Thanks guys

Muffin Fox

mbstone99

Curious if anyone has information on the Monster Truck radio frequencies for Canada / Western United States?

Several years ago (pre-covid) my son and I attended the Monster Trucks at Vancouver, B.C.s Pacific Coliseum and the Track Officials were using UHF radios on DMR protocols. After searching the forums, the only info I could find was based out of the southern US specifically sighting the FELD group with VHF channels and some UHF channels but none of which were DMR. The Monster Jam is coming back to the Pacific Coliseum on March 17th-19th, 2023 and it would be great to take along a scanner to hear the action! Curious if the trucks are radio equipped like Nascar and Indycar? Any help / feedback here would be awesome! Thanks guys

Muffin Fox

It could be one of the commonly used LPU frequencies.. (Low Power Units - The RadioReference Wiki) or if all else fails I guess try doing a range scan between 450-470... and even 148-174..

Matt

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Not sure how it works in Canada, but in the US, they usually apply for a Special Temporary Authorization (STA) from the FCC that lets them run for a short period of time.

I agree, I'd sniff around the 450-470MHz range. You'll likely find them in there.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
If I remember correctly, last time they were in NC when I saw them they used rental radios from Road Radios, often times using Road Radio freqs so additional licensing isn't needed from city to city. A growing number of bands are using this company now.

But as @mmckenna said, I don't know how it works in Canada.

Muffin

For what it's worth here are the radio frequencies from the last time they were here in Vancouver, B.C.

456.2750 DMR Track Officials Channel 1 (Main operations)
457.0125 DMR Track Officials Channel 2 (Track Maintenance / Grader)

461.7250 CTCSS 103.5 Team Frequency (Monster Mutt or Scooby Doo?)

I'll post after the upcoming event when I confirm what they are using this time.

Last edited:

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
Premium Subscriber
I think field has a fcc license that is still valid

Muffin

Today was Fabulous and Grave Digger was the winner in the points and best in show!

It appears they are using the same frequencies as the last time they were here in Vancouver, B.C. which rocks!

The following "Officials" Radios all use SLOT 1, Color Code 5, Talk Group ID 156
456.2750 DMR MONSTER JAM Ch 1 (MC Coordination/PA Announcer)
457.0125 DMR MONSTER JAM Ch 2 (On-Track Officials / Track Maintenance)
456.4500 DMR MONSTER JAM Ch 3 (Off-Track Officials / Marshalling)

TEAM FREQUENCIES are mostly located in the 456-458 MHz range
The odd exception in 461, 463 and 469 MHz ranges and nothing in VHF

All performers today were on FM DCS 115, DCS 116, DCS 351, DCS 371, CTCSS 192.8 and CTCSS 103.5

Performers from today included:

Grave Digger, Avenger, Megaladon, Thunderoarus, Axe, Lucas Oil, El Toro Loco, Monster Mutt

Hope this helps as they still have another show tomorrow then off to Seattle!

Muffin

Another great Monster Truck show today at the PNE Colosseum!

Performers today were slightly different than last year and include:

EarthShaker, El Toro Loco, GraveDigger, Jurassic, Megaladon, MonsterMutt, ScoobyDoo and Velociraptor.

Track Officials were using the same Motorola DMR radios as before. (See previous post above)

the only 2 truck frequencies in use today were

469.2250 DCS-371
463.6250 CTCSS 192.8

I had all the same truck frequencies from last year so was surprised these were the only 2 in use today. Unfortunately no luck on spectrum sweeper for anything new today.

RDCat

Premium Subscriber
Anyone going today Monster Jam? PNE radio is now digital