Mont.Co and Pro-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb8oif

I travel quite frequently in Montgomery County and want to use my Pro-96.
It looks like they are using APCO-P25 system, but the database only gives frequencies. Is there somewhere I can look to get Base frequency, Offset and Spacing info for my table in the Pro-96? Or is this standard "common knowledge" stuff and I am just not yet versed in the digital scanning stuff? Either way, someone help me or point me to the documentation.
TIA!

Bob

troymail

Silent Key
The base and offset stuff you mention (to my knowledge) is only for 400 Mhz systems like Fort Meade's old system. The Montgomery system is an 800 system so you should only have to enter the 800 Mhz frequencies in trunk mode... After that, just enter (or learn) the various talkgroups.

Just follow the PRO-96 instructions for programming an 800 Mhz Trunked Motorola system.

seamusg

wb8oif said:
I travel quite frequently in Montgomery County and want to use my Pro-96.
It looks like they are using APCO-P25 system, but the database only gives frequencies. Is there somewhere I can look to get Base frequency, Offset and Spacing info for my table in the Pro-96? Or is this standard "common knowledge" stuff and I am just not yet versed in the digital scanning stuff? Either way, someone help me or point me to the documentation.
TIA!

Bob
If you're talking about this system http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=2142 you only need the control channels. The scanner will get the rest of the information on it's own from the control channel. Also this system is not an APCO P25 system it's a Motorola Type II SmartZone mixed mode system (3600 bps CC). An APCO P25 ( Project 25 Standard system ) will have a 9600 bps CC, but the Pro 96 doesn't care. Just program in the red and blue frequencies set each freq to mot and set the bank to mot and scan the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.