Montague County Analog P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know anything about the Montague Co. radio systems? I noticed they have digital channels and mode "P25". I have both programmed but feel like I miss a lot of traffic on my BCD436 while my friend with a Beofeng UV-82WP and a RadioShack Race 1000 gets a lot of traffic right next to me. Could this be that I only need the digital channels programmed into my scanner? Anyone know the difference between running either the analog or digital channels or if it would effect anything?

Montague County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
If it were me what i would try to do is use the search feature, hold on the primary dispatch channel, and let the scanner decode the signal. Its possible RR has the wrong NAC code if they are running P25.
By going into search mode and holding on the frequency, it will pass audio if its analog or digital.
This will also show you the NAC code if its digital or the PL tone if its analog.

nd5y

It could be that the database info is wrong.
If you program your scanner to receive ONLY the PL or NAC shown in the database then you won't hear anything if the tone or NAC changed or is incorrect to begin with.

I don't listen to them very often but last time I checked Bowie PD was P25 full time and the SO used analog most of the time with occasional P25.

Status
Not open for further replies.