Montana Public Safety Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helitac

Premium Subscriber
Montana Public Safety Radio System (Formerly Interoperability Montana (IM) has new info up on their website, complete with new mutual aid freqencies (mutual_aid_manual.mcpx)

The following information is quoted directly from their website as they make the transition from IM to PSSR.

"Welcome to the Montana Public Safety Radio System page. Here is an update on the transition that is underway to a new governance structure that will replace Interoperability Montana (IM) in moving toward the realization of a statewide interoperable land mobile radio system.

Work is progressing to keeping the build-out going forward in the absence of the IM, which dissolved June 30, 2011. At that time, the Governor appointed an "Executive Management Transition Team” that included representatives from the Governor’s Office, the Attorney General’s Office, Montana Department of Transportation, State Information Technology Services Division and the Lewis and Clark County Sheriff’s Office. In addition, a transition plan was written and approved by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

Essentially, the plan provided that lead local jurisdictions would become the new sub-grantees of federal grants previously awarded to the IM. As part of the transition plan, state agencies are supporting local government sub-grantees to complete work that needs to be accomplished. The Department of Administration has assigned Public Safety Services Bureau personnel to assist with the IM transition including fiscal services from the State Information Technology Service Division/CIO Office. Additionally, the Montana Highway Patrol and the Montana Department of Transportation are helping with system and microwave maintenance issues.

The initial focus of the team was on the orderly transition of grants and contracts formerly held by IM. Now that the initial transition process is well underway, the Governor has created a Statewide Interoperability Governing Board (SIGB) to direct the operation of the statewide public safety radio system. It will work with other public safety stakeholders in the development of a proposal (executive or legislative) for the long-term governance and sustainability of public safety radio interoperability in Montana."

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
That manual is good reading from the brief skim I've done this morning.. I'll have to look at it again later.

Interesting to see the co-ordination being done with some of those frequencies with regards to radio channels active here in Alberta. Also interesting is that some channels which are even more active than the co-ordinated ones aren't co-ordinated.

EP204

Ok, so then what does this actually mean? I am not being sarcastic just wondering if it will affect me.

Status
Not open for further replies.