Montana Trunked Talkground Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtisdevault

Premium Subscriber
I've been picking up a lot of traffic on the following talkgroups while scanning here in Bozeman. I'll put my theories on what they are next to the ID. Hoping someone has some input.

67 - Broadwater County Fire/EMS?
247, 253, 283, - Seems like a mix of law, fire, EMS and I want to say it's Jefferson County. But sometimes when they talk locations they show up in Broadwater.
9195, 9197, 9213 - I believe this is used in the Limestone Hills Training Area but would like an idea on how to name these in my scanner.

Cheers!

curtisdevault

Premium Subscriber
Was about to check the database before I posted and posted anyway. 247 and 253 are Broadwater Sheriff and Fire. Looks like 283 is Jefferson County SO. Maybe the 67 is Lewis and Clark County. So any thoughts on the 67 and 9xxx talkgroups?

jjwhite29

Premium Subscriber
253 Broadwater might not be Fire anyone in the area that can confirm this or not. I have been picking it up and they have been giving plate info back on multiple times. Not normal for a fire channel.

curtisdevault

Premium Subscriber
@jjwhite29 I would agree with that from what I'm remembering. My previous post was mis-ordered. I think 247 was fire and 253 was sheriff. I've unfortunately locked them out of my scanner. Recently I've had talk group 263 start appearing sounds like Townsend Fire....but also pretty sure I caught a license plate read back on it too. ...so I'm wondering if they're combining law/fire on the same trunked channels?

jjwhite29

Premium Subscriber
That is possible that they combine specially if they don't have much traffic on fire very often or just need the extra channel. I just wanted to throw it out there for someone that may know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.