montco fire freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RES27CUE

Premium Subscriber
does anyone know the channel line up (alpha-name and freqs.) for montco fire radio im a firefighter and i wanted to enter them into my scanner without having to listen to police and ems can anyone help me thanks.

ctrabs74

Montgomery County used to have all that information on their web site, including freqs and talkgroups. It looks like they removed it after Emergency Dispatch Services reorganized their web site.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
the website was changed due to the 9/11 policy

Please don't make things up. There is no "9/11 Policy".

The county website still has scanner info on it, although I will tell you that their information is not up to date. Their info has been out of date since before they changed their website format.
http://dps.montcopa.org/dps/cwp/view,A,1595,Q,52452.asp

The Montco page here at RR is pretty much as up to date as you're going to get.

hippieman556

umm there is a 9-11 policy on some stuff thats why alot of it was changed over so that they would be able to talk with each other during bigger events

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
umm there is a 9-11 policy on some stuff thats why alot of it was changed over so that they would be able to talk with each other during bigger events

Aaah...Do you mean thats why Montgomery County among other agencies switched over to TRS? I don't believe there is an actual policy mandating this though (and I'm not exactly clear on when Montgomery TRS was developed and came online) it could be observed that after 9/11 a lot of agencies are using TRS. Whether that is a direct result of 9/11 or simply just because the technology was there I don't know, but it is something of note.

Isn't this kind of getting a little off topic, though?

Status
Not open for further replies.