MontCo House Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanManQSL

Premium Subscriber
QTH: Montgomery County, MD / Washington, DC
little before 17:20Hours.... Reported fire in the bedroom.... First arriving engine on side "A" with fire coming out of the 2nd floor window. Montgomery just dispacthed the RID & the Task Force. 2nd floor knocked with possible extenchen in to the roof.

17:31hrs - All fire knocked

All ops are on MontCoTRS 7C INC 10

Last edited:

MCMD5

Premium Subscriber
### Mattress on fire in bedroom ###

1711hrs
E81 E31 E331 E291 E531 AT8 T3 RS3 M319 BC3 BC5 C3X1 C3X3 BC5X1 SAFE1 EMS2

1715hrs.....RID
T31 RS291 M89 C200

1721hrs.....TF
E311 E231 AT29 AR1 CT8 UT3 CS1

1731hrs
FM53 FM55 FM59

1733hrs
All units clear

ScanManQSL

Premium Subscriber
RID - Rapid Intervention Dispatch

Correct me if I am wrong....

* When a working fire is confirmed or if ECC has sufficient reason to believe that there is a working fire, a rapid intervention dispatch (RID) will be sent.
* The RID replaces the safety dispatch.
* The RID will consist of the next closest ladder truck and the next closest rescue squad.

They Evaluate and identify any alternate points of access to the building, and determine whether access is possible by breaching the wall of an exposure building, etc…

MCMD5

Premium Subscriber
ScanManQSL said:
Correct me if I am wrong....

* When a working fire is confirmed or if ECC has sufficient reason to believe that there is a working fire, a rapid intervention dispatch (RID) will be sent.
* The RID replaces the safety dispatch.
* The RID will consist of the next closest ladder truck and the next closest rescue squad.

They Evaluate and identify any alternate points of access to the building, and determine whether access is possible by breaching the wall of an exposure building, etc…

You are correct.

ScanManQSL

Premium Subscriber
Mo, From my understanding this is the RIT team. (AKA Safety Dispacthed but not used anymore)
This only applies when the RID has been dispatched to a house fire.

* The fourth due engine will assume the duties of the RIT.
* The fourth due engine company will report to the Command Post for instructions, secure a hose line for its use, bring its standpipe rack and officer’s bag to the Command Post, and maintain control of that equipment.

When you have the Fourth Due Engine(RIT) and the RID Dispach this becomes the RIG.

The RIG Duties is to perform additional ventilations to support rapid intervention operation, provide other/additional means of egress to support the rapid intervention operation, to enlarge openings, or create new openings in the structure. They also secure an additional hose line/water supply and brings extra equipment. They
immediately relieve the Standby Team to become the RIC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.