MontCo upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Thanks.

Purpose states for interoperability between public safety agencies. Any idea if this will supplement the current 800 system or totally replace.

It will eventually replace the Motorola 800 MHz system. The system is still in the planning phases and won't be operational for a few years yet.

whsbuss

With the new Uniden scanners (536/HP436HP) P25 phase 2 is now supported. And looking at the letter released by County last year, they are providing funding for the Motorola APX type radios..... they do support phase 2.

kh11

Premium Subscriber
And looking at the letter released by County last year, they are providing funding for the Motorola APX type radios..... they do support phase 2.

Funding? Interest-free loans maybe, but they aren't giving out any money - at least not on the fire side. We'll be sticking with our XTS's for probably another year or so.

whsbuss

Funding? Interest-free loans maybe, but they aren't giving out any money - at least not on the fire side. We'll be sticking with our XTS's for probably another year or so.

Oh I know that...... county will find a way to force those old units be changed. Although the fire service will be the last service moving to P25 phase 2.

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Oh I know that...... county will find a way to force those old units be changed. Although the fire service will be the last service moving to P25 phase 2.

The county doesn't need to find a way - Motorola has end-of-lifed them.

cdavisjr

I noticed today that the county renewed a license for one holding 500 MHz freqs only. what are these for or were meant to be for? just curious....I've heard everything over the years from mdt's to a backup plan in case the original implementation of the 800 system went south.

CommJunkie

I noticed today that the county renewed a license for one holding 500 MHz freqs only. what are these for or were meant to be for? just curious....I've heard everything over the years from mdt's to a backup plan in case the original implementation of the 800 system went south.

Compare it to Delco freqs, maybe they're the same and the idea was for interoperability? Just a thought, I have no idea what freqs Montco has in 500.

Septa3371CSX1

Compare it to Delco freqs, maybe they're the same and the idea was for interoperability? Just a thought, I have no idea what freqs Montco has in 500.

Apologies for bumping this thread up but since it relates to what I'm bringing up and a partial answer to the quoted question I'll write here.

The 500 frequencies Montco has licenses for are not the same as Delco's frequencies (or Bucks for that matter). After checking the FCC database the 500 frequencies licensed to Montco are not used by anyone else in the metro area. Not sure if the county has a cache of radios with these frequencies programmed in or if they're just trying to hold onto them in case they ever do need them (which I doubt).

As for 38 and 42 PD, the past two days I've picked up 38 (West Conshy) on PD Region 7 analog talkgroup (2192) with dispatch operations. Not sure if there were issues with the digital Region 7 dispatch talkgroup or radio issues with 38 PD that caused them to only be able to use the analog talkgroup. I have picked up plenty of activity on the digital Region 7 talkgroup in the past week so I doubt that has gone anywhere. 38 was the only PD unit I heard on the Region 7 secondary talkgroup.

Last edited:

cdavisjr

I've been told over the years that they are either MDT"S or were originally in case getting 800 originally didn't pan out but never got confirmation on they're usage

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Upgrades to a cell tower off of Route 100 in Upper Pottsgrove. This is one of the new sites being added to fill in the coverage gaps.

ee9391f87a0de92db87f3bd4b75aa04d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Latest PSN newsletter indicates the new system should come online in August. I was recently told that the county police chief's association voted to have all police talkgroups encrypted (like Berks). So, there's that for people who may have a scanner just to monitor police traffic...may not want to upgrade to a new scanner unless you want to listen to fire/ems.

Status
Not open for further replies.