MontCo upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Attached is a list of talk groups and frequencies for the reband . They are all in one spot and might be easier to just print than scrolling around the website.

Attachments

• MONTGOMERY COUNTY SCANNER 20130824.pdf
    110.6 KB · Views: 330

FXJ4500

Hello,

I am having difficulty picking up the east system with my 396XT.

When I set the site up as a Motorola 800 MHz standard (type II), the control channel is displayed as 852.3875 and only appears intermittently. It does not display any talkgroups.

When I set the site up as a Motorola 800 MHz splinter (type II), the control channel is displayed as 852.3750. The problem is it only displays a talkgroup for half of a second and there is no audio, even when the talkgroup is selected.

Does anyone have any idea on how to program the 396XT for the east system correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
cavmedic you rock !

In this case , it IS who you know :p

Something looks a little off on the conventional frequencies . I know the NEW Federal OPS use the pl of 156.7 , but I am not sure what the 8mont 90's are with the PL of 139.0 .... Those aren't in my county radio like the 8 call and 8 tac's are .

And the 8Ches ones are a different PL also .. That doesn't seem to INTEROPERABLE to me ...

The CC FD@ , CCFD2 etc , I am not aware that Chester has switched those over to Narrowband yet either .

Ill have to check running my radio into a dummy load on those frequencies and see where they end up and what PL is programmed in .. Ill work on that this week,

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
In this case , it IS who you know :p

Something looks a little off on the conventional frequencies . I know the NEW Federal OPS use the pl of 156.7 , but I am not sure what the 8mont 90's are with the PL of 139.0 .... Those aren't in my county radio like the 8 call and 8 tac's are .

And the 8Ches ones are a different PL also .. That doesn't seem to INTEROPERABLE to me ...

The CC FD@ , CCFD2 etc , I am not aware that Chester has switched those over to Narrowband yet either .

Ill have to check running my radio into a dummy load on those frequencies and see where they end up and what PL is programmed in .. Ill work on that this week,

For the 8Call and 8Tac 9x interop channels, the 156.7 PL is the national standard. Users can also utilize secondary PL tones on the frequencies for local use. The old Chester Interops 1-4 channels would be examples of this.

To follow the new standardized naming convention of 8Call 90, 8Tac 91, etc, both counties have named their local repeaters in a similar fashion. So, the old Chester Co Interops 4 would now be 8Ches 94. 8Mont 94 is the same frequency pair with a different PL. This is not a hinderance to interop because everybody should have the 8Call/Tacs in their radios with te 156.7 PL. This just provides both counties with more conventional repeater options should the need arise. With that said, I'm not sure who in Montco actually has the 8Mont channels in their radios...may be just planned for future use right now?

cdavisjr

Am having similar problems FXJ4500...finally got around to my 396XT. looked at the edit band plan part of the manual, stayed on the tracks thru the learning curve of rebanding thru freescan. I believe I properly figured out the rebanding and band plan, etc though I think you want a reband option under custom not the standard 800 option anymore. It looks like it scans again like with the old freq's but mine is oddly silent as well. Not sure why, anyone able to help here that also has the 396XT?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; VM670 Build/FRG83G) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I just had the same thing happen. I set modulation from fm to auto and now I get the right control channel, but no talkgroups come up.

cdavisjr

I also this morning noticed if I manually flip thru the system frequencies and sit on one I will hear audio. I know as users we don't officially switch to everything that is dedicated as new until tomorrow so maybe once that happens we'll be fine. It's probably still in some way using the old freqs but I've already purged them from my radio early.

MilAirNJ

West Conshohocken, PA

Great thank you for the quick response.

I am setting my Dad's scanner up. He works in West Conshohocken, PA. He basically wants to know whats going on out his office door. I programmed in PD Zone 4 and the county fire & ems talk groups, including VHF. Any suggestions or will this be good enough?

Thanks

DASFlies

Tried reprogramming my 996T yesterday using Freescan. All I did was change the frequencies to the rebanded ones. Now the scanner won't track the system, it was working fine with the old freqs. Anyone successfully get theirs reprogrammed and working correctly?

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Well 36 minutes ago they just went online with the new system and mine freshly working system went down. Gotta look into it later as I don't have time left on my lunch break.

Sent from my iPhone
using Tapatalk

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Well 36 minutes ago they just went online with the new system and mine freshly working system went down. Gotta look into it later as I don't have time left on my lunch break.

Sent from my iPhone
using Tapatalk

They must be doing it tower site by site because in the time I typed the last post , I'm back tracking again in the west zone

Sent from my iPhone
using Tapatalk

cdavisjr

That's ok Cavmedic. Perhaps someone who has a uniden (mine's a 396XT via freescan) that is properly receiving the new system could post in a list line by line how the settings need to be it will solve a lot of users current and future issues. This understandably is a big change to the ability in general of picking up Montco. Reband I guess is the next difficulty level.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Those using Uniden Scanners must program a custom bandplan for each site.

Bandplan 1: 851.0250 854.0000 25 440
Bandplan 2: 851.0125 868.9875 25 0

If you are using a 396T or 996T you need to have Firmware 3.02, and reprogram the system using software (FreeScan use 800 MHz Custom) The XT models can be done by hand, and doesn't have to be reprogrammed except for Rebanded CChs. Set for CCh Only.

cdavisjr

I got all that right. When I scan it sits on the right control channel but will only give me audio and show my loaded talkgroups when I manually sit on a frequency within the system, not while scanning.The system setup type, not site still needs to be MOT TYPE 2/P25 correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.