MontCo upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdavisjr

when I sit on a frequency in the system I can hear. when I sat on a talkgrop earlier I heard fine and it showed the P25 flashing while they talked. Just heard 2 fire dispatches in a row and got nothing off the scanner while sitting on the dispatch talkgroup. When it is in scan mode it's like it doesen''t want to find the talkgroups loaded and wants to take awhile to locate and then stay on the cc channel but will eventually get there. we are on all rebanded freq's right?.....everything above 860 was taken out about a week before cutover to get an early jump on the changes.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
when I sit on a frequency in the system I can hear. when I sat on a talkgrop earlier I heard fine and it showed the P25 flashing while they talked. Just heard 2 fire dispatches in a row and got nothing off the scanner while sitting on the dispatch talkgroup. When it is in scan mode it's like it doesen''t want to find the talkgroups loaded and wants to take awhile to locate and then stay on the cc channel but will eventually get there. we are on all rebanded freq's right?.....everything above 860 was taken out about a week before cutover to get an early jump on the changes.

Yeah, they rebranded all the main control frequencies for the trunking system last week.

The only thing we had to do Thursday was switch our radios over to the new zones and that affected the conventional channels.

Sent from my iPhone
using Tapatalk

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
I have a file for you to loaf into FreeScan , and upload it to your scanner and see what happens .

If it works , then just modify it to how you want your scanner to be setup . ..

It is ONLY the Montco East , West , and Conventional channels .

cdavisjr

Thanks to everyone for their patience with me in this forum first of all but also your pm ideas, help and files to try. I am happy to say I can finally hear again. Here is what I came up with as far as my problem and to answer some of peoples questions too. I live in Conshohocken and monitor the east only, fire/ems in one system and pd in another. I have a 396XT and now solely use freescan for computer programming. Here's whats changed mainly by recommendation. My system setup: 1) delay time was still set on 2, not 0. 2) the I-call was on and is now off. 3) the tape out was off but is now on all channels 4) the TGID group quick keys are all checked when before were unchecked 5) the P25 wait time was set to 0 not 400. 6) the audio types for all talkgroups whether analog or digital were chosen, that was left alone before. 7) the bandplan step size was changed back to 25khz and last but not least the freq's were put in lcn order based upon some peoples files shared with me, they originally were in the order that they are posted on radioreference. These are the aspects of the radio that I am less familiar with so they were good enough settings for pre reband but I took a chance and all that matters is now it works. If anyone could enlighten me as to some of my issues/features I wouldn't mind it.

cdavisjr

While I'm thinking about it and am still logged in the whole TDMA type 2 thing that will affect hearing police more than FD/EMS in the future, that's not relevant to the "system change" of rebanding and is to be expected down the road with a later "system upgrade" am I correct? which means unless Uniden beats the county to the change I have how much more of a time window to be able to hear them?

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
While I'm thinking about it and am still logged in the whole TDMA type 2 thing that will affect hearing police more than FD/EMS in the future, that's not relevant to the "system change" of rebanding and is to be expected down the road with a later "system upgrade" am I correct? which means unless Uniden beats the county to the change I have how much more of a time window to be able to hear them?

Glad you can finally hear again.

Not sure when and if they are switching to phase 2. When I was at the training for the reband, they did say future upgrades would include some new changes including more tower sites , but didn't say a time frame nor what other changes would happen. I just hope it won't happen for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone
using Tapatalk

radio17

Question.

When I update my Homepatrol the new bandplan is programed and everthing works fine.

On the Montco RR database website I don't see the bandplan.

How do people programing their scanners manually know the bandplan?

I just don't see how it could be included in the HP Sentinel DB but not on the website DB. I must be missing something.

But if you mean by front panel programming, I don't believe it is doable.

But the Info is found typically on the RR wiki rebanding pages or the wiki for the particular scanner

Sent from my iPhone
using Tapatalk

Sorry if my question is not clear.
It has nothing to do with rebanding. It's the custom Bandplan.

The custom bandplan is not listed here.
Montgomery County PA Trunking System, Various, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies

How do people manually programing their scanners (not HP1's) know this bandplan?
Bandplan 1: 851.0250 854.0000 25 440
Bandplan 2: 851.0125 868.9875 25 0

Am I missing it somewhere?

For Bucks county the bandplan is listed.(custom frequency tables).
Bucks County Trunking System, Solebury, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies

Last edited:

cdmcquee

Greetings!

Thanks to all who have posted previously. Your contributions have been a big help.

I have a BC796D, and I am still struggling with this. I was able to complete the firmware update, but I can't seem to configure the scanner correctly.

Has anyone specifically had success setting up the BC796D with the rebanded systems?

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Sorry if my question is not clear.
It has nothing to do with rebanding. It's the custom Bandplan.

The custom bandplan is not listed here.
Montgomery County PA Trunking System, Various, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies

How do people manually programing their scanners (not HP1's) know this bandplan?
Bandplan 1: 851.0250 854.0000 25 440
Bandplan 2: 851.0125 868.9875 25 0

Am I missing it somewhere?

For Bucks county the bandplan is listed.(custom frequency tables).
Bucks County Trunking System, Solebury, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies

In the software for the radio shack scanners, that is what is referred to the trunking tables.
I believe it is only accessible for modification in programming software.

The Wiki pages listed for rebanding specific models discuss how to modify that.

Sent from my iPhone
using Tapatalk

MilAirNJ

Which PD's are now digital

Anyone have specific info for West Conshohocken and Conshohocken Police. Which talk groups they operate on. Digital or Analog?

Which PD's are now digital TG's?

Thanks everyone!!!

Last edited:

kh11

Premium Subscriber
BIGGEST CON and I'd like to kick who ever decided on this in the shins ..........
When you switch to a simplex channel ( fire police local or fire ground) it dumps you from the network and no longer scans your talkgroups , leaving you deaf from calls from other units on the network and county .

This also holds true for fireground channels ... Once that switch is made, kiss your outside comms goodby . You either need to carry two radios , have a second guy right next to you ON the network or be in the command vehicle ...

Big +1 on this. Massive stupidity. I end up having to stand right next to the truck so I can hear the mobile when my portable is on FG.

cdavisjr

Sitting here matching the rebanded conventional channels to my scanner off the document the county has posted on their website I had trouble identifying a couple of the channels. Most I figured out (22 Loc, 97 Loc, Etc) with the help of the wiki for user id's but I still can't find anything for the one labeled MALL 852.2375 DPL 371. It's nowhere in the database, Of course the FCC's site is down for the gov't shutdown, and I thought it odd that the county would have a county level channel for malls unless it was an abbreviation for something else. Was hoping maybe someone already has info on this frequency.

cdavisjr

I believe the eventual plan was for FD/EMS to be on 800 FDMA ?? and for PD to move to 700 but also be the hot new TDMA phase 2 that everyone is fearing....if I remember and said that right.

Status
Not open for further replies.