MontCo upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
I will grab my portable and affiliate with the new zones again to verify sometime this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Bucky, have you heard any rumblings about the performance of the APX portables? We've had ours for a short time, and a couple of our officers have noted they have run into digital breakup of reception in some places where the XTS' worked OK.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Bucky, have you heard any rumblings about the performance of the APX portables? We've had ours for a short time, and a couple of our officers have noted they have run into digital breakup of reception in some places where the XTS' worked OK.

I've heard some radios were jacked after they were aeroflexed.
I have 3 portables and have had zero issues , even with the stubby antenna being swapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckyswider

we put ours into service about 3 or 4 weeks ago. So far we have had some intermittent muffled audio from the portables. Not sure if it's the mics or the units themselves. We went with the "upgraded" RSMs- NNTN8203. There are a couple different sets of advice out there- to talk "down" into the mic, and to talk "offset", speaking into basically the left side of the mic instead of dead center. Still trying to figure out which works best. Regardless, it's a poor design if users have to be that cognizant of where there mouth is in relation to the handheld RSM. Like how do you even figure that out with a mask on?

Oh well, another Motorola gem. We'll see if we can figure it ou.

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Linear Simulcast issues?

Anyone notice what seem to be Linear Simulcast-like issues starting in the last several weeks? In my case, PD Region 6 has become choppy, like FM picket fencing, even though signal strength is good. (Region 7 is coming in OK, so this may be something that is only impacting analog FM talk groups.) I switched on Site information on my display and it's showing "East Simulcast", however since I did not display site previously I don't know if this is a change.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
What are you monitoring with? Where are you hearing it from?
I havent noticed any changes in reception today so far. I will say that your reception strength is not based on the talkgroup you monitor (PD Region 6 or Region 7) or even the fact that one is digital and one is not. Reception strength comes with the voice frequency that carries the transmission on each talkgroup. So on a given talkgroup each transmission may sound a little different depending on the voice frequency. With that said if you're experiencing some picket fencing on a analog talkgroup, eventually that's going to translate to a garbled transmission on the digital talkgroup when that same frequency comes around. If you've never noticed that before then check for some interference. A new WiFi router, a cellphone in close proximity or maybe you just to move your antenna a little.

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Using a Whistler WS1098 in a mobile installation in the eastern part of the county. No issues at all with digital talk groups.

Shawnjnorton

Premium Subscriber
Could anyone help with setting up unitrunker. I was pretty sure I got it setup right but it ran for a hour with only one call. I know I got good reception just not sure what it is

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ND3U

Montgomery County, PA Broadcastify stream
Feed Provider
New Hanover Township, Montgomery County, PA
Radio Reference Database

I am using the Proscan software to provide programming and streaming feed. The import function of the software allows you to connect to the Radio Reference database to import the various systems.

Using this function the RR database is showing 2 Montgomery County systems, one named "Montgomery County" and the other named "Montgomery County P25". The Montgomery County imports as a Motorola system with the 800mHZ frequencies. The other imports as a P25 system with both 700mHZ and 800mHZ frequencies. The control channels remain the same in both. Also, the P25 system drops the Police, County Public Services, and Dept of Public Safety Talkgroups.

Is the P25 system going to be the new one after the upgrades? What about the talkgroups that are not included?

kmisk

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering the same thing. I have both systems programmed in my radio and I monitor both everyday. I have yet to hear any activity on the new P25 system.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Aside from a blurb about reprogramming of older FD XTS series radios, the last Public Safety Newsletter included this info:

Progress continues on the three remaining
towers that need to be completed before the new
radio system is turned on.
• The foundation has been poured for the
tower at the Hughes Road site in Upper Merion.
The shelter and the tower are scheduled to be
delivered in January.
• The permit applications for the
Roxborough tower have been submitted and are
under review by officials in Philadelphia.
• The state is on target to have the new
Willow Grove tower completed in February and
the county’s equipment should be installed in
March.
The system will undergo testing and adjustments
in the spring and units should be operating on
the system for full-foliage testing in the summer.

ND3U

Montgomery County, PA Broadcastify stream
Feed Provider
New Hanover Township, Montgomery County, PA
Whats up with MontCO?

SInce I now have a patient in Trooper I unlocked PD4 to monitor. Been at least 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything on the East System. I had PD7 also unlocked. Has the eastern part of the county switched over to the new system? Just wondering because I can monitor Lower Merion countywide.

Septa3371CSX1

SInce I now have a patient in Trooper I unlocked PD4 to monitor. Been at least 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything on the East System. I had PD7 also unlocked. Has the eastern part of the county switched over to the new system? Just wondering because I can monitor Lower Merion countywide.

Late reply as I haven't been on here in a few months but as of now no agencies in Montco have moved over to the new system full time yet. PD4 and PD7 are active on the east side of the P16 system.

camco911

Premium Subscriber
MontCo West System

Question, I put the MontCo West System and it is scanning through but I am not getting any Audio what so ever. The East System is working just fine. These are the Freq's that I have programed

buckyswider

If you're in Langhorne, you probably will only pick up the west system when conditions are just right. I'm on the east end of the county and rarely pick it up on my scanner (and I get bonked on my portable when I tune to a west talkgroup). When I drive closer to the east/west dividing point (roughly rt. 353) things get clearer. (I didn't vet your control channel freqs but I assume you're using what's in the DB).

camco911

Premium Subscriber
If you're in Langhorne, you probably will only pick up the west system when conditions are just right. I'm on the east end of the county and rarely pick it up on my scanner (and I get bonked on my portable when I tune to a west talkgroup). When I drive closer to the east/west dividing point (roughly rt. 353) things get clearer. (I didn't vet your control channel freqs but I assume you're using what's in the DB).

Sorry, Yes I am in Langhorne. But I was in North Wales tonight and that is where I was trying it out. North Wales is on the West System

Status
Not open for further replies.