MontCo upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

whsbuss

If you're in Langhorne, you probably will only pick up the west system when conditions are just right. I'm on the east end of the county and rarely pick it up on my scanner (and I get bonked on my portable when I tune to a west talkgroup). When I drive closer to the east/west dividing point (roughly rt. 353) things get clearer. (I didn't vet your control channel freqs but I assume you're using what's in the DB).

Rt. 353 or do you mean Rt. 363

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Question, I put the MontCo West System and it is scanning through but I am not getting any Audio what so ever. The East System is working just fine. These are the Freq's that I have programed

851.775 is running as the primary control channel on the new west system. So, if you still have it in your rotation for the current west system, maybe that is what caused the issues. Both systems and their frequencies are in the database. Cross check and modify, as needed.

camco911

Premium Subscriber
851.775 is running as the primary control channel on the new west system. So, if you still have it in your rotation for the current west system, maybe that is what caused the issues. Both systems and their frequencies are in the database. Cross check and modify, as needed.

Ok, I just Re-Downloaded it to my my scanner. I use the BuTel ARC 500. 851.775 is no longer in with the control channels. So, I have modified the Scanner. I will try it out layer on and give an update once I have tried it out. Thank you all for all your help!

camco911

Premium Subscriber

Thank you very much. As soon as I took it out it works just fine!!!! Thank you very much for your help!!!

ND3U

Montgomery County, PA Broadcastify stream
Feed Provider
New Hanover Township, Montgomery County, PA
P25 Upgrades

With the new system soon to be active I've noticed that here on RR the database doesn't include the police talkgroups. Is this by design? Are we no longer going to be able to monitor police radio? Any eta on when the system will be active?

phillydjdan

They are going to be encrypted so it would be hard to figure out which TGs are which. Besides, not much point in figuring them out when we cant hear em anyway.

ND3U

Montgomery County, PA Broadcastify stream
Feed Provider
New Hanover Township, Montgomery County, PA
Well so much for transparency in government. Motorola must be really pushing encryption on everyone or is it the "terrorist/criminal" excuse? The largest criminal/terrorist group here in the U.S. is the government. I guess its for their safety.

Like I told a police officer the other day, I'm not going to answer your question of whether or not I have any weapons on me, you're the one with the gun and police have a habit of shooting black people. Whose safety should I be more concerned about? Especially since you approached me with your hand on your weapon. It ended up he didn't pay any attention to the description of the person they were looking for. He assumed it was a black person when they were looking for a white in his early 20s in an all white area.

phillydjdan

The powers that be on this site dont want people talking about why. All I will say on the matter is that police dont like their activities broadcast onto anyone's smartphone.

royldean

As I've said in the past (and phillydjdan has poked fun at, most likely well deservedly), please attend a Montco commissioners meeting and complain about the encryption. So far, I believe I am the only one to do so.

Montco Public Safety claims that the Montco Police Chiefs association voted for encryption, btw. I contact all police chiefs in region 2 asking how they voted, and all that answered my request stated that they did vote for encryption, but only like 2 or 3 contacted me. Chief of Limerick asked me to call him back, but I never bothered at that point.

radio3353

...Montco Public Safety claims that the Montco Police Chiefs association voted for encryption...

Of course the chiefs want encryption. The scanning citizenry is a dangerous group of people. Are the county commissions in agreement with the police chiefs? (They seem to be since the deal is done from what I gather.) The commissioners have the final say (at least they did in Bucks County when the enlightened commissioners shot down the chief's desire for encryption.) If the commissioners are just caving to the the police chiefs then I think any objection from the public is falling on deaf ears.

whsbuss

Of course the chiefs want encryption. The scanning citizenry is a dangerous group of people. Are the county commissions in agreement with the police chiefs? (They seem to be since the deal is done from what I gather.) The commissioners have the final say (at least they did in Bucks County when the enlightened commissioners shot down the chief's desire for encryption.) If the commissioners are just caving to the the police chiefs then I think any objection from the public is falling on deaf ears.

So what was the justification Bucks commissioners said no to encryption?

radio3353

So what was the justification Bucks commissioners said no to encryption?

Interoperability between police/fire/ems and other towns was one reason. Google "bucks encryption letter" and you should find a pdf of their letter explaining their decision.

Last edited:

phillydjdan

Bucks technically didn't say no, they compromised and gave them a secondary set of channels they can switch to that are encrypted instead of encrypting routine traffic.

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Judging by the article I linked to, it’s not likely to be in service any time soon. They need to re-engineer the microwave links between the sites.

royldean

Judging by the article I linked to, it’s not likely to be in service any time soon. They need to re-engineer the microwave links between the sites.

Motorola and the Department of Public Safety agree that the microwave network
supplied by a third-party vendor hired by Motorola does not meet our specifications or
industry performance standards.

Clowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.