MontCo upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
They probably purchased a Montco Radio, just like some of the Berks EMS / Fire units who run mutual aid or First Due in Montco

153JohnM

Are all Montgomery County PD channels digital encrypted? I know they are digital now but do we know for sure if they are encrypted channels?

radio3353

They are the same dispatcher, its no change from how it was previously.

In the now defunct SmartZone system, they had two separate dispatch TGs - TG 3280 for EMS and TG 22448 for Countywide Fire. Even though it may have been the same person doing the dispatch, there were two TGs. Now it is a pain (for me anyway) to have to listen to both EMS and Fire dispatches all the time on the new system when my only interest is fire. Wonder why they didn't keep them on separate TGs?

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
In the now defunct SmartZone system, they had two separate dispatch TGs - TG 3280 for EMS and TG 22448 for Countywide Fire. Even though it may have been the same person doing the dispatch, there were two TGs. Now it is a pain (for me anyway) to have to listen to both EMS and Fire dispatches all the time on the new system when my only interest is fire. Wonder why they didn't keep them on separate TGs?
I was thinking of the linked VHF simulcast for paging..... My bad

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Most metro counties in Maryland dispatch fire and rescue (EMS) services on the same tg, then assign the response to different tgs depending on call type. In our county, the response tg is decided by the severity of the incident, and not necessarily the type of service being rendered.

radio3353

Most metro counties in Maryland dispatch fire and rescue (EMS) services on the same tg,...

I guess that is now Montco's new model. I liked the separate TG model of the old system since it was nice not having to hear all of the EMS dispatches on fire band. But, they don't report to me so I guess I will have to adjust :D . Take care.

markhritz

Feed Provider
I own the Montgomery County Fire and EMS - Digital feed. I will have to try reprogramming the scanner. Not sure why there's no dispatch or EMS Hailing.

The feed has now been fixed with Fire/EMS Dispatch and EMS Hail now working.

Montgomery County Fire/EMS: Montgomery County Fire and EMS - Digital Live Audio Feed
Montgomery & Chester County Stereo Feed: Chester and Montgomery Counties Fire / EMS Live Audio Feed

Chester County Discord Discussion: Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities
Montgomery County Discord Discussion: Join the ScanMontgomeryCounty Discord Server!

I am debating whether to do a new stereo feed with EMS & Fire West on one channel and Fire East on another. If anyone has any feedback on this please email me.

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Well how about that - after a couple of hours of messing around, I have OP25 running on my Raspberry Pi 4 monitoring the system, and it sounds pretty good!

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Well how about that - after a couple of hours of messing around, I have OP25 running on my Raspberry Pi 4 monitoring the system, and it sounds pretty good!
I have 4 running currently. Berks, Montco, pa star net and Chester.
after Xmas, I’m getting a mini mixer to be able to feed them into one speaker , then a multi level case to put them all in.
They are by far the best bang for the buck , IF you can understand what you are doing with them.

the encrypted talk groups have been updated on the database. Add those to your black list , so it skips them and doesn’t hang up trying to decode them.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
the encrypted talk groups have been updated on the database. Add those to your black list , so it skips them and doesn’t hang up trying to decode them.

Just a reminder for everybody out there that we still have a handful of talkgroups awaiting identification. Some are encrypted. Some are not. Please send any updates through the submission feature on the trunked system database page, even if you make changes in the wiki. The wiki is not monitored for data to be added into the database. It can be used as a collaboration point to share info that will help confirm groups.

kh11

Premium Subscriber

Just finished doing that. I must say, this is pretty awesome. I had been listening with headphones, but I just switched to audio output to a small guitar amplifier, and it sounds great.

bballdawg84

25 years of monitoring Upper Dublin Twp. PD ended today.

Very sad. In a time where transparency is so important . . .

Kindly confirm that I will NOT be able to monitor Fire in the new system on my old Pro-90 & Pro-95. I'll need to purchase a new unit with APCO P25?

Last edited:

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Kindly confirm that I will NOT be able to monitor Fire in the new system on my old Pro-90 & Pro-95. I'll need to purchase a new unit with APCO P25?

Not just P25, but P25 Phase 2.

leeleses

Montgomery County, PA went live on 12/8/20 with major changes to their trunked 800 / P25 system.

I know these changes affect at least the police radio system. Not sure yet if they made other changes as well?

I know at least some of the PD talk groups moved from analog to digital carriers.

Does anyone know if the new settings either are available, or can be obtained?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.