Monterey Co., CA - Changes in store for police scanners across Monterey County

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If you see the trend with all cities and counties starting to upgrade to P25 digital Trunking with AES256 encryption its just a matter of time until its cracked.

With computers getting faster with their processor speeds 256AES will be cracked in the near future. Its just a matter of time. I wouldn't be surprised if its been cracked already. I know the military can crack it.

If you keep locking down communication and taking away people's rights to listen then the more effort will be taken to crack the code. Just hang tight

If you see the trend with all cities and counties starting to upgrade to P25 digital Trunking with AES256 encryption its just a matter of time until its cracked.

With computers getting faster with their processor speeds 256AES will be cracked in the near future. Its just a matter of time. I wouldn't be surprised if its been cracked already. I know the military can crack it.

If you keep locking down communication and taking away people's rights to listen then the more effort will be taken to crack the code. Just hang tight

Security researchers crack APCO P25 encryption | Daryl Jones' Weblog

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

P25 radio systems are more secure than conventional analog radio systems but not nearly as secure as the term “encrypted” would imply. The most serioussecurity flaw in P25 is the optional nature of the security protocol, howevereven when the security protocol is used several serious security flaws present the design of P25 cryptographic protections, remain:– Weak encryption permits an attacker to recover the encryption key, and fre-quent re-keying is not an effective defense.

SWEET......

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Come Jan 1 2013, wont there be a bunch of open VHF highband channels in Monterey County? Monterey County is not near a major metro area, so I would think that Monterey County would be a great test bed for a "all VHF highband integrated public safety system"

Come Jan 1 2013, wont there be a bunch of open VHF highband channels in Monterey County? Monterey County is not near a major metro area, so I would think that Monterey County would be a great test bed for a "all VHF highband integrated public safety system"

As far as I know nope this system is going to be a hybrid p25 VHF,700 trunking. City of Salinas and Monterey peninsula cities will be getting 700mhz system and the rest of the county will be on VHF system and it will be link via IP and also have a conventional analog system i'm guessing for fire paging and other fire agencies for interop.

com501

And they have a perfectly good operating VHF system now, with the only needed upgrade REALLY being replace the non narrowband capable repeaters and a few mobiles....

Status
Not open for further replies.