Monterey Salinas Transit Authority TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloScanMan_01

I just noticed that Monterey Salinas Transit is running an 800 Mhz TRS. Any idea what type it is (i.e., Mot 2, Mot 1, LTR) ? Talkgroups? I will be heading up that way on Monday.
Thanks.

I never look into that I did hear the control channel onces that's about it. maybe some here has a system type or some Talkgroups for y'all. Most of stuff here is conventional VHF with some UHF.

Last edited:

scankid2591

One of the benefits of having a BR330T - instant trunk option for control channels.

I'll see if I can find out what kind of system they're using.

EDIT: As far as I can tell, it's not a MOT system.

Last edited:
I'm not good with truck systems but I recorded some audio of the control channel, well I think it is the control channel but not sure. Anyone know what type of system it is? Also I found an other MOT system on 859.3375 no ID's were coming up.

Attachments

• 855.46250.zip
    82.8 KB · Views: 11

scankid2591

I'll have to check out what kind of radios they're using when I get back to Salinas... Presently I'm in Fairfax County, Virginia with old friends.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
sounds like a datastream not a control channel. but i could be wrong. i haven't heard anything like that before.

I live in Marin County and public safety here uses a fairly new Motorola Type II Smartzone TRS with IMBE digital voice. On one of their new radio sites, I was hearing two control channels at once - One normal Smartzone CC, and another one that sounded very similar to that (kind of like a Type I CC but with even more time between peaks). I was told that it was some kind of datastream generated by the motorola site trunking equipment as a test signal for radios.

That could mean nothing and that datastream could actually be the control channel for some proprietary trunking system nobodies ever heard of, but I think the best way for you to tell would be to scan the other freqs for voice and then cycle through modes in your scanner to see if there's any underlying CTCSS, DCS, Motorola or even LTR subaudable data below the voice traffic. The Golden Gate Transit radio system threw me off for a while since one of their channels carries data for GPS vehicle location and tracking of their buses, but it's actually a conventional system. That one freq just sounded like a control channel which made it appear that GGT was trunked, although in your guys' case with Monterey/Salinas the license says they're trunked so they probably are. :)

Well I have all freqs scanning in conventional mode I did hear morse code on one of the freqs, but I was out of the room and didn't get back in the room in time see what freq it was on.

EDIT** as I was typing this I heard traffic on 859.48750 i was hearing both sides, sounded like conventional to me. I'll keep scanning more see what I come up with.

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Many transit systems use several conventional voice channels and then one or more channels for data from the buses for location or whatever. A/C Transit does this on 480MHz.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
And this wouldn't be the first time a california buisness user's ULS license did not exactly jive with reality. ;)

mkewman

what is probably happening is that they have a contract with motorola and until they get the trunked system up and all the kinks worked out, they're using a conventional frequency.

of course, i haven't read a darn thing, nor do i know anything about their system other than whats on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.