Montgomery and PG County fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The database says...

========================
Fire stations near Prince George's County have 490 MHz radios which they use to talk on PG's frequencies for mutual aid calls.
========================

With 490 being dead now, how is a mutual aid call handled? Do they patch between the 700 mhz system and Montgomery's system?

Mike

dtscho

Database Admin
I just deleted that sentence, since it doesn't seem to apply anymore. Montgomery can initiate a patch to Prince George's now, and eventually Montgomery will be able to talk directly on the Prince George's 700 MHz system.

Dave

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
I assumed that the Montgomery FD companies most likely to respond to PG have radios that include the 700 MHz frequencies and identify themselves as PG radios.
I haven't heard any patches on Montgomery FD talkgroups, at least not recently.

dwlipp

Premium Subscriber
Montgomery and Prince George's subscribers are programmed with both trunked radio systems. When a MC unit responds to PGC the unit switches to the PGC zone in the MC radios (zones starting with "8"). PGC units responding to MC switch to the MC zone in their radios (zones starting with a "7").

There is no patching required for interoperabilty between MC & PGC (or for that matter between any responses within the NCR for NCR based units) as we carry both systems on the radios.

Before PGC's trunked system came online patches were sometimes required if a unit without a 490 or 800 radio ended up in the 'wrong' county, but this is no longer necessary given the direct system interoperability provided in the subscribers.

Status
Not open for further replies.