Montgomery Co. Testing in Northern Loudoun Co. VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Anyone in Montgomery hearing any radio testing on the Montgomery system in north-eastern Loudoun Co. near the Potomac?

See the VA forum as well for more on this.

I quickly programmed in this system and was able to receive the CC without issue. I didn't program any TG IDs, but did find TG 32848 being used by the same people on the Louduon system.

Last edited:

OldsDoug

Didn't hear it and haven't looked at the VA forum yet, but Mtgy should easily be received in that area, it's just across the river...

DK

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Didn't hear it and haven't looked at the VA forum yet, but Mtgy should easily be received in that area, it's just across the river...

DK

Thanks...

"I quickly programmed in this system and was able to receive the CC without issue. I didn't program any TG IDs, but did find TG 32848 being used by the same people on the Louduon system."

I never needed to have Montgomery Co. loaded until now. At my desk, I can get only about the Loudoun site and one DoD 380MHz site so I was actually surprised to be able to receive the CC for Montgomery Co. here.

Last edited:

md_p97

I don't know about any testing, but I drive the Maryland side of the River from Poolesville all the way down to the American Legion Bridge (rt 495) to and from work every day.

Previously, the coverage along the Potomac River was shoddy at best, and the radios were pretty useless on river rescues, with the rescue commands using the talk around function as best they could.

But about 6-8 weeks ago, I started noticing remarkable improvements with reception along the same route. Its not perfect (little or no reception in the "hollows" and valleys) but it's much better than it was.

Edit: I should have also mentioned that I noticed a marketable improvement in Md DNR's frequencies at about the same time. A new shared tower?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.