Montgomery County/Dayton P25 System Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardt0303

I was in the Dayton area most of the day and had my HP-2 and BCD436HP with me.

The HP-2 worked great in the car with a mag mounted Laird TRAB7603 Phantom antenna on the roof. The 436 using a Comet CH-32 inside the car received perfectly using a FL with the new firmware and a manual and 8 threshold setting. It didn't do nearly as well using the database though.

Montgomery County actually sounded better than the MARCS simulcast sites do in Franklin County. I did notice as soon as I crossed into Greene County the Montgomery County reception dropped significantly.

Just got that comet for my 436 and noticed a huge improvement! Thanks for the info

poynterd01

Premium Subscriber
BC785D

Trying to program the above scanner has an apco 25 card in it. Used the pro scan to download from radio reference and programmed the scanner but not picking anything up? Any ideas? Thanks in advanced.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Trying to program the above scanner has an apco 25 card in it. Used the pro scan to download from radio reference and programmed the scanner but not picking anything up? Any ideas? Thanks in advanced.

The BC785D is not capable of trunk-tracking true P25 systems like Ohio MARCS. All you could do is program the site frequencies in conventional mode and scan them that way.

Jeremy429

Hello,
I'm trying to monitor the Montgomery CO/Dayton PD as well. Just recently turned my Pro96 on and noticed silence, figured I'd come here to see what's going on :) My question is, I have the Pro96 and Uniden BC796D, will either of these scanners work with this new system? If not, what are some other scanners to look into getting? I'm only interested in Montgomery CO RDC.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Yes your Pro-96 will work on Montgomery Counties Simulcast site and I believe your Uniden will as well. However with that said depending on where you live be prepared for possible simulcast distortion which is a common problem with scanners monitoring these types of systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremy429

Yes your Pro-96 will work on Montgomery Counties Simulcast site and I believe your Uniden will as well. However with that said depending on where you live be prepared for possible simulcast distortion which is a common problem with scanners monitoring these types of systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if I had a newer scanner would I be able to not go through a Simulcast site and not have to worry about simulcast distortion? If so, what would be my best option that's out there?

Also, for now using the Pro96, which control channels should I be putting in?

Thank you

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
No you would still have to use Montgomery Counties Simulcast site to hear all RDC talkgroups regardless of what scanner your using. You will have to use Montgomery Counties control channel to hear there traffic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
There's a total of 10 tower sites which looks as if there spread over several licenses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zman1707

Programming frequencies for Montgomery County

I have question about programming frequencies for Montgomery County into my Whistler WS1040. Do I have to program all the frequencies that are listed on MARCS-IP database for Montgomery County or just the control channels?

sopranosno1

Heard wednesday morning, 58208. male talking about check around stop eight and northland village. Sounded like street dept. Also couple key ups on 58242. maybe kettering. Also lately heard some talk on 58158,58159. Butler township? Harrison township? Vandalia?

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
I heard 58108 that sounded like a street department also.

Still trying to find Centerville Streets. The RR database has 58172 as Centerville streets. It's incorrect... 58172 is likely Trotwood based off the street names they were saying.

Anyone hearing Montgomery County snow plows?

Last edited:

sopranosno1

Not saying your wrong but when the city of trotwood was on the montgomery county trs, trotwood street was on 155.715 pl-156.7. has something changed since the change over to the ip system? I maybe able to get 155.715 from here. Also is 58108 a misprint? Did you mean 58208?

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
No, 58108 could be anywhere, I have about 5 different radio IDs logged on that TG. 5711310-5711836 Didn't catch any street names there, but they were snow plows.

58172 I have about 10 radios logged 2565462 and 5743857-5745907. The roads I heard were Honeybrook, Garber, Foreman, Artistic. That might be Englewood? if not Trotwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.