Montgomery County Fire and EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

brennan1020

it seems that they have changed thier frequency all of sudden we have not ems or fire. I have a Uniden BCT15. I can not figure out how to get to scan the frequency i was given i have deleted the old system but i think that was a mistake. HELP please

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
They *might* have moved to the TxWARN P25 system, which a BCT15 cannot monitor. You'll need either a 996XT or 396XT for that. They already have TGIDs on that system, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least. I'm going down to Houston later this afternoon, and I'll check and see if they really did abandon their VHF channels.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
It is possible that the Conroe/MCHD system, the old EDACS, rebanded as well. They just recently added the 851-853 frequencies to their license. I am in Longview, so I can't monitor and report. That would at least explain EMS and the fire patch vanishing. They have made too many VHF upgrades for the VFDs to abandon the VHF frequencies.

bassman21

I can't get the sites near there from where I am, but it seems like most of Montgomery countys public safety is now on the TxWARN P25 system. All I seem to pick up is the police from the Downtown Houston or Tomball site.

Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Project 25 Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Tropo sucks right now so I can't check to see if their EDACS system has been rebanded. You should still be able to get the fire uplink on 154.190, 154.250 and 154.325.

You defiantly are going to want to get an APCO 25 scanner soon though. 996XT or 396XT are good choices since TxWARN has so many groups.

Last edited:

ericcarlson

Database Admin
Someone in Mo Co needs to check on this. I was told a few months ago that the EDACS radios were being reprogrammed for rebanding.

riflemin

Montgomery Co. 158.895 heard in Gregg Co.

MCFD county 2 158.895 pl107.2 happens to be the input and squelch tone used for access to the Gladewater Fire Department repeater way up here in Gregg Co. I recently programmed GFD in my scanners and was curious how such a small town could have such an active Fire Department! I finnally determined that I am hearing MCFD2 traffic being repeated. I wonder how long GFD has been experiencing this interference?
If you are in Montgomery Co you should be hearing a fair amount of activity on 158.895mhz?

Rich,
Longview

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
MCFD county 2 158.895 pl107.2 happens to be the input and squelch tone used for access to the Gladewater Fire Department repeater way up here in Gregg Co. I recently programmed GFD in my scanners and was curious how such a small town could have such an active Fire Department! I finnally determined that I am hearing MCFD2 traffic being repeated. I wonder how long GFD has been experiencing this interference?
If you are in Montgomery Co you should be hearing a fair amount of activity on 158.895mhz?

Rich,
Longview

Gladewater VFD used to be a simplex base channel. The repeater is new, so the interference is probably new, too. I have been hearing it up here in Longview as well. You will also notice that Montgomery Co. has licensed (WQKZ358) a new repeater on 158.790/150.805. That might be where some of the fire activity has gone.

N5AMS

i heard 158.820 paged earlier this week ill check MCHD EDACS and see what i can come up with

ok 866.350 is the control channel on it now and at 3:11 am and conroe and mchd are showing active on the system

Last edited:

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Conroe FD recently made some changes probably related to the EDACS rebanding switch; you can no longer hear mobile/portable traffic on 154.19 and the dispatcher audio sounds horrible compared to how it was before.

The rest of the county is still rocking out on VHF with no changes that I've noticed as listed here.

DeepCloudNine

Just purchased Pro-96 and can't figure it out

Does anyone on here know how to program a Radio Shack Pro-26 to receive Montgomery County's Project 25 system? I just bought one and can't figure it out for a hill of beans. LOL. From the research I have done on here, this scanner will pick up this system. I'm completely new to Project 25 programming, any help is appreciated.

wajenkins

For those who are interested I do have my BCT-15 (Montgomery Co. EDACS and Convential) and my BCD-996 (Montgomery Co. P-25, Walker Co. P-25 and DPS) up on the Pro-Scan Site. Just FYI

Allen
K5WAJ

Pro-Scan Client Software is available for free at ProScan

Status
Not open for further replies.