Montgomery County Fire West Tunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I can not get Montgomery County fire west regions 1,2,3 to good.I had the regions before I do not know what is problem.I have the right freq for the west fire.I think it is the signal i live in the eastern of montco.My scanner is a good scanner it is Pro 197.I am also want to know about the new east dispatch 158.955.I been hearing it but it is now dispatch on the east i am geting 155.355 cw on that channel.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
What is your location? If youre receiving the east system then most likely Regions 1, 2, and 3 won't show up because those are mainly associated with the west system. Also keep in mind the conditions were very windy last night so if you were getting it from outside the coverage area or near a cell phone tower, you could have been experiencing some reception problems. The frequencies for the west system have not changed...but if they changed the control channel (I think it used to be 867.65) then check the db to make sure you have all the possible control channels programmed in. As for 158.355 is the channel I've been getting down here in South Jersey and all around the area for dispatch of Montgomery county fire pretty much countywide...with the exception of just a few stations that may be on 154.13 still (but that signal has considerably weakened). Hope this helps.

SCPD

QRT
policefreak

I heard regions 1 2 3 little bite last night but i can not pick it up that good. I can pick up 158.355 really good and 154.13 i can pick up sometimes. i can pick up region 4,5,6 good because i live by the cell tower.What is the closes cell tower for west is at.
thanks

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Well, if you're near a cell tower, you're probably not going to pick up anything except your local system, but if you're near an 800 Mhz tower for your system you may be in luck. I heard that the tower for the west system is in Tylersport (I think that's iun whitpain or skippack area) and/or in Eagleville, where the county complex is. The East system tower is in Willow Grove somewhere near the Willow Grove Mall. Yea, your location may be closer to the East system and because of geographical differences (mainly the mountains) you may be blocked off from receiving the West system. i bet if you had a good 800 antenna that you could elevate a little bit (say put it in an attic) and point towards the west you may have a little luck.

Last edited:

kh11

Premium Subscriber
The East system tower is in Willow Grove somewhere near the Willow Grove Mall.

I believe it's at their Burn Brae site, on the Twining Valley golf course not far from Fort Washington Fire Company's station.

scanjunkie

There are multiple towers in each part of the county. There is a map of them on the county website. It's not just the Burn Brae site...that's just one of many towers......

SCPD

QRT
Thanks roywl for the link about the tower info.I was listen and now the on 158.355 and now alot of fire company switch over to that channel only like alot of the east fire company.The companys that switch over the last two weeks like station 100,200,300,400,500,95,33,and few more.The fire companys that did not switch over was 12,14,17,700,27,46, they are still on old freq will they switch to 158.355 or not? When do Montco will have all them switch to the freq it is 2012? Thanks

cdavisjr

Premium Subscriber
The county's ultimate goal is to have the entire county fire on one frequency. A long overdue move that accompanied with some minor changes like saying calls verbally once I don't think will make it so bad even when things are busy, At least they're not loading low band, then high band then Norristown one at a time anymore for guys going to the same incident like the old days. I don't know if they ever had a date set as a goal for finishing this move. I'm not sure either about the future use of any of the old channels although I have read suggestions of having county set up and run 800 repeaters like Chester County does. Maybe with the exception of the Lower Merion companies and unlike the old days of it being both the dispatch and operating channel I believe you will even see 27 will be on there eventually. Can anyone else shed light on a definite date the county had as a goal for the frequency consolidating and if county run 800 repeaters with or without some of the old channels are in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.