Montgomery county fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The database shows a few new freqs for fire, evidently 33.70 is being phased out. It's almost embarrassing, since I've been up to the Winterfest so many times, but I never knew - in the Towamencin area, is that considered East, Central, West :confused:

Starting to update my FreeScan file for the area...gotta go get the most up to date eBook data as well as the database...73 Mike

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Mike, The Towamencin area is in the North Central system.

North Central Police Dispatch (Region 3) Unit Identifiers
45 Units Lower Gwynedd Twp.
49 Units North Wales Boro.
51 Units Upper Gwynedd Twp.
53 Units Lansdale Boro.
59 Units Towamencin Twp.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Towamencin fire dept. works on Fire Region 3 and is dispatched on the Fire West Dispatch talkgroup. The Lansdale area is on the border between the east and west trunked systems. Therefore, the North Central police talkgroup and the Fire Region 3 talkgroup are carried on both the east and west trunked systems to ensure there are no gaps in coverage for units working in the area. Towamencin should be covered well by the west trunked system for the most part, though.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Thanks Ben. Time to fix my FreeScan file for the fest. Looks like I'll have plenty of time to work on it this weekend - they're predicting 1-2 foot (yes you read that right) of snow for my area - and yet another storm heading this way the following Wednesday.

Sheesh! 73 Mike

Q-ball

yea about that....

When monitoring a fire region, if they switch to fireground for comms, does it go to 800 mhz conventional?..or will the fire region become the fire grnd channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.