Montgomery County Law Enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc800

Does anyone have a (partial) breakdown of how radio identifiers for Montgomery County Law Enforcement works?

I.e. which units belong to which departments and what the unit numbers mean

sc800

Yes, I did check it (actually I just checked everything thoroughly). I found all of the information for Fire/Rescue but none for police as far as how their units are identified over the radio.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
Yes, I did check it (actually I just checked everything thoroughly). I found all of the information for Fire/Rescue but none for police as far as how their units are identified over the radio.

This link myMCPnews - District Maps is one of the ones near the bottom of the page.
It has maps by District and beat assignments.
The radio designations (and I may not be perfect here) are district/beat like 3 Henry 4 would be the 3rd District (Silver Spring) and H4 would be the primary beat area. The last numeric may also be used to identify the shift commander, etc (2 digit numbers?)

If you listen to a specific district with the respective map open, you can get a better idea of how they work.

sc800

Thanks for the help. I was pretty off then. I thought it was like Howard where units went Shift, Sector, Beat, Unit .

Do you know how Chevy Chase, Gaithersburg, Rockville and Takoma Park units ID over the radio? Are they on the regular MCPD channels or on their own mostly?

gesucks

From the Alan Henney White Bible:

Old but most is still correct

an officer working would be XYZZ
X - Shift 1-7
Y - Sector
ZZ - Beat
if Y = AGJMPS and ZZ = 10 then SGT,
if Y = BEKNRVand ZZ = 10 then MPO or Cororal

9Axx Training
9Bxx Crimes against property div
9Cxx Crime Prevention
9Fxx ID section
9FMxx Fire Marshal
9Gxx General Assignment
9Hxx Homicide/Sex/Robery
9Ixx Vice and Intel
9Kxx K9
9Mxx Chevy Chase
9Nxx Narc
9Pxx Repeat offender
9Rxx Community relations
9Sxx School Safety
9Txx SWAT ERT 1x and 2x ERT, 3x to 6x negotiators, 7x SWAT medics
9Uxx TRU
9Vxx Vice
9Wxx liquor control board
9Yxx youth
9Zxx accident recon

offduty officers go by ODxxxx

sc800

Thanks that is what I was looking for?

Do you know if any of the other cities other then Chevy Chase come up on MCPD radios? How about Sheriff's (I think they just call themselves Sheriff XXX though), County Security or MNCRPP (Maryland/National Capital Region Park Police)

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks that is what I was looking for?

Do you know if any of the other cities other then Chevy Chase come up on MCPD radios? How about Sheriff's (I think they just call themselves Sheriff XXX though), County Security or MNCRPP (Maryland/National Capital Region Park Police)
Maryland State Police has talkgroups on the County system. The radios are programmed so that County officers can come up on the MSP TG and MSP officers can come up on MCPD TGs. Park officers can come up on MCPD TGs. There are a bunch of other police agencies with TGs on the County system, but I don't recall hearing their officers on County PD TGs (for example, NIST, NIH, Takoma Pk, and Maryland Transportation Authority).

Status
Not open for further replies.