Montgomery County, Pa Fire Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmisk

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know of an updated list of fire tone settings for Montgomery County, PA? I'm looking for companies in Region 2 in particular. The only thing I see online is incomplete and outdated list from 2015. There is a very thorough list for Chester County that is up to date, but nothing for Montco. I did see a post here from April 2021 on the subject, just curious if anything new has been updated.

Last edited:

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
See pages 22 to 25 here. Looks like a comprehensive list though I know there have been some changes since 2014 when this PDF was compiled (closures, mergers, etc). I'm not aware of anything more up to date

Last edited:

kmisk

Premium Subscriber
See pages 22 to 25 here. Looks like a comprehensive list though I know there have been some changes since 2014 when this PDF was compiled (closures, mergers, etc). I'm not aware of anything more up to date

Yeah. That's all that has been out there for us. There's a few new stations and a few closures. I was hoping someone here had a link to a more accurate, up to date file. The data I have for my Chester Co. area stations works like a charm in my Unication. I'll keep my eyes open for Mont Co. stuff. Thanks for the reply!

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Well if need be I can maybe start a project for it. I can record the audio and use an app on my phone to detect the tone frequencies. It's what I've done for several other counties on the NJ side of the river. I work just a stones throw from Montco so this could work.

kmisk

Premium Subscriber
Well if need be I can maybe start a project for it. I can record the audio and use an app on my phone to detect the tone frequencies. It's what I've done for several other counties on the NJ side of the river. I work just a stones throw from Montco so this could work.
That would be great! I know it would take a bit of time and effort to set up a system to record and decipher tones. That's why I never looked into it. If you can, a few of us would definitely appreciate it.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
That would be great! I know it would take a bit of time and effort to set up a system to record and decipher tones. That's why I never looked into it. If you can, a few of us would definitely appreciate it.
Already started. My scanner has recorded several dispatches and I've deciphered the tones. When I have enough I'll throw them in my G5 and test them.

whsbuss

Outdated list of tones..... many changed when 33.70 was disbanded.

Status
Not open for further replies.