Montgomery County, PA New P25 System - Scanner Settings / Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceb515

Scanning P25 without affiliating is not something easy to do with the APX series unfortunately. Gotta jump through a lot of hoops.

Ryanwr944

Feed Provider
Hate to break it to you but Montgomery county about to go full encryption including bucks and many other counties in the area.

ceb515

Bucks is adding encrypting to fire/ems radios solely for the purpose of accessing encrypted police, and it has been stated that fire and ems will not be switching to encrypted any time soon. This has been discussed multiple times on the forum and my chiefs have heard the same. Not certain about montco but from what I've been reading they don't intend to encrypt more than just police either.

ceb515

@ceb515 I have the same issue with Montco P25 on my APX. Others get it fine on their APX but not sure why mine isn't working. Glad to see I'm not the only one.
I did get my radio working, I was missing the WACN. If you have bucks or Philly set up you can just duplicate the trunking system and personalities from them and change the control channels to match.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
For those in the back row: MONTCO AND BUCKS FIRE WILL NOT BE ENCRYPTED!
Thanks...

Are you sure? My chief heard it from someone on Facebook who heard someone from someone in another county who overheard two cops talking about it as they were trying to figure out how to change zones on their Mcs2000 at Wawa ...........

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Are you sure? My chief heard it from someone on Facebook who heard someone from someone in another county who overheard two cops talking about it as they were trying to figure out how to change zones on their Mcs2000 at Wawa ...........
LOL if it's on Facebook then it MUST be true! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Hell, ever since the county encryption my local PD's conventional 400mhz channel has be silent; it was regularly used prior.

Live steaming, police chiefs, clueless commissioners destroyed the civicly minded hobby.

It’s an issue for other first responders as well. Because now there is a delay between consoles , IF the updates are even passed along

cdavisjr

I wiped my 436HP and re-imported the Montco system directly from radio reference but whether sitting on a talk group or scanning there’s no audio and it says DAT in the lower right hand corner. What am I doing wrong?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I wiped my 436HP and re-imported the Montco system directly from radio reference but whether sitting on a talk group or scanning there’s no audio and it says DAT in the lower right hand corner. What am I doing wrong?
Assuming you downloaded the new system, the police are encrypted, so that might be part of the problem.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
there’s no audio and it says DAT in the lower right hand corner. What am I doing wrong?
Real issue could be simulcast distortion, it is one of the most discussed issues on these forums. Best bet would be to sell the 436hp to help fund an SDS100. My SDS never misses a beat on the Montco system. Yes LE is encrypted but there's regular fire & EMS traffic in the clear

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Real issue could be simulcast distortion, it is one of the most discussed issues on these forums. Best bet would be to sell the 436hp to help fund an SDS100. My SDS never misses a beat on the Montco system. Yes LE is encrypted but there's regular fire & EMS traffic in the clear
Yup - that's why I stated that it might be part of the problem since he wasn't specific about what tg(s) he was sitting on or scanning. If you are lucky, a 436 *might* work in some locations that can only be determined through trial and error - not ideal.

Last edited:

ND3U

Montgomery County, PA Broadcastify stream
Feed Provider
New Hanover Township, Montgomery County, PA
Is it me or has the new system have limited range outside the county? I travel to Reading and West Chester from the Gilbertsville area for work and cannot pick them up halfway to either location. The vhf dispatch frequency comes in clear as day but not the 800mhz system.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Is it me or has the new system have limited range outside the county? I travel to Reading and West Chester from the Gilbertsville area for work and cannot pick them up halfway to either location. The vhf dispatch frequency comes in clear as day but not the 800mhz system.

I lose it on my unication somewhere between Exeter and Douglassville (W) and typically around Pughtown (S) from the hood. I’m sure it’s a bit better with a properly tuned 1/4 wave external mounted antenna in the mobile. Don’t worry though, Berks is the same way. There are sections where it drops completely in Brecknock Township ( along 568 and 625).

Status
Not open for further replies.