Montgomery County PD Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing a lot of activity on TGs 16560 and 15568.
16560 seems to be PD 1D (Rockville) and 15568 seems to be PD 2D (Bethesda).
It sounds like regular dispatch air traffic.
But there also seems to be normal air traffic on the regular dispatch TGs for those districts.
Can anyone explain this?

dmi

Premium Subscriber
UNID TGs: Training exercise? Details? Multi-purpose?

I'm hearing a lot of activity on TGs 16560 and 15568.
16560 seems to be PD 1D (Rockville) and 15568 seems to be PD 2D (Bethesda).
It sounds like regular dispatch air traffic.
But there also seems to be normal air traffic on the regular dispatch TGs for those districts.
Can anyone explain this?

beat me to it =)
I heard this while on the road this morning.

It sounded like MCPD dispatcher/unit training..

TGID 16048:
I heard Henry and George beat units communicating with what seemed to be a simulated dispatch TG. I wasn't sure if this was dispatch or unit training or both. TGID 16048, was a new hit for me. For your reference, Sectors George, Henry, and Ida are D3 Silver Spring. However, they may have been training in Rockville? (at the training academy?)

"Car 342 I talked to 343 he's inside the school"

On this one I'm leaning towards training due to the fact that the operator seemed rusty and inexperienced and the comms were relaxed (unlike the normal Dispatch TGs).

TGID 15568:
This one has been in my bank for awhile and had it labeled as MCPD UNID. And yes, I heard the Delta beat units and 25x motor units (which would be 2D Bethesda) today.

Due to the fact that both TGs were active and both seemed to terminate at approx. the same time, I'm concluding as of this time them both to be MCPD training TGs.

As always I could be wrong and they could be multi-purpose TGs and today happened to be used for training..

jay

Last edited:

dmi

Premium Subscriber
Now hearing activity on TGID 16560

Is this training exercise day??

Approx 1020 hours:

Hearing TG 16560 (W5 GAIT1) active w/ dispatcher.. is this training or has gburg now using this as dispatch?

Motor 153 (at Shady Grove Rd and Gateway Dr.) pulling over for a DUI.. following vehicle .. pursuit ended crashed into a tree.. contacting Fire rescue.. (no traffic on fire rescues dispatch channel)

"1-Baker-4 I'll be transporting 1 adult male to 1D station"

Blah... I'm confused..

Last edited:

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
Due to the fact that both TGs were active and both seemed to terminate at approx. the same time, I'm concluding as of this time them both to be MCPD training TGs.

So far as I can tell, they haven't terminated, air traffic continues.
And TG 16048 seems to be another County PD district (Burtonsville area.)
When I've heard dispatcher training in the past, I've always heard a coach in the background giving the dispatcher hints, but not on these TGs.
Right now I'm listening to a pursuit by Motor 153, but there is no siren and the locations being called out seem to be changing too fast.

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
Car reported crashed at Wootton Pkwy and Glen Mill Rd, Motor 153 requests FireRescue for two trapped in the vehicle. Waiting to hear whether FireRescue actually dispatches. Never heard FireRescue.
Guess it must be pretty realistic dispatcher training.

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
Now they're working a bomb in a church in downtown Rockville, with numerous streets blocked off. I went over to the church, there is nothing there and nothing blocked off. So that pretty much confirms that it's dispatcher training.

dmi

Premium Subscriber
Car reported crashed at Wootton Pkwy and Glen Mill Rd, Motor 153 requests FireRescue for two trapped in the vehicle. Waiting to hear whether FireRescue actually dispatches. Never heard FireRescue.
Guess it must be pretty realistic dispatcher training.

roger. every event seemed to be "packaged" one after the other in different situations in which the officers had to use clearances and the dispatcher would say that isn't valid and seemed to be confused a bit. so I think it's safe to say it's training day.

At one point the 'dispatcher' said "which channel are you on" and the unit replied with a snicker ".. this one"

As I said below, they also seemed to be using TG 16560 (W5 GAIT1) W5 Gaithersburg Local Government 1

Also heard training activity before like I said on 15568 in which officers were going through a building scenario but I couldn't tell at that point if it was an unknown tactical TG or training.

It's weird because I rarely get hits on them but I'll be looking in the future now.

jay

Last edited:

OldsDoug

Given the nature of the traffic and the talkgroups used, I'd say this was almost certainly some sort of training or exercise.

dmi

Premium Subscriber
Should these TGs be added to db?

Okay.. I now see listed in the Montgomery County TRS db the 15568 3cd D MCPD 15568 Police Law Dispatch

However, TG 16048 was listed in the updates as being added but is not showing up in the list. I'm assuming it takes time to refresh the db.

Also, is it appropriate at this time to list 15568 as Law Dispatch because that isn't certain (or is this being updated as well).

What is the process for adding or requesting the addition to the RRdb list?

jay

Last edited:

dmi

Premium Subscriber
Tons of traffic on TGs 15568 and 16048 this morning as well as 16560'(W5 GAIT1) W5 Gaithersburg Local Government' which they're also using for training.

As for 16560, I heard a Signal 13 code used so I was wondering if they were using that to train MC Park Police as I've never heard them use Signal codes on the MCPD TGs.

Interesting stuff though about how the dispatchers pull up cross streets so fast.
I have a feeling over the course of the week that it's going to intensify as they progress further into training.

Note: I'm only saying that they're using 16560 temporarily for training but the others have been confirmed.

jay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.