Montgomery County PSSM Program update

Bjc123

Premium Subscriber
I'd be watching for frequencies being moved this week.
Exciting!!

I have both radios up and running now. Now we need to get some more of the MCPD TG's as well.
We have all of the Alpha Channels.
TG 6000: A1 District 1 Dispatch (Rockville)
TG 6005: A2 District 2 Disatch (Bethesda)
TG 6010: A3 District 3 Dispatch (Silver Spring)
TG 6015: A4 District 4 Dispatch (Wheaton)
TG 6020: A5 District 5 Dispatch (Germantown)
TG 6025: A6 District 6 Dispatch (Montgomery Village)

What other channels are you looking for?

The Charlie Channels are going to be hard to find since they are encrypted and the Bravo channels are going to take a few weeks or even months to decypher unless someone leaks that info

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Functionally, almost everything in the main zones is a mutual aid channel. Those just happen to be secure.

firephoto184

Premium Subscriber
Are we sure that it is Mutual Aid Secure and not Metro Alt Secure as we have on the P16 system? Just curious because i haven’t been able to verify one way or another.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Are we sure that it is Mutual Aid Secure and not Metro Alt Secure as we have on the P16 system? Just curious because i haven’t been able to verify one way or another.
Lol, it's hard to verify any encrypted channel. But it could very well be Metro Alt Secure (whatever that is.)

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Yeah the Burrr Burrr Burr Tone is used on the current P16 system. Its the general message tone so for example:

CAD Malfunction
Station Alerting System Malfunction
Severe Weather Alert
Blue Alert
Red Alert
The alternating two-tone is our evacuation tone.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
On Georgia Ave today near Rescue Company 2, I was receiving MSP Centerville on the Anne Arundel Simulcast of FIRST at -90 dBm. Surprisingly, the new MC P25 was just about unusable paralleling Rock Creek from East West Hwy into Kensington.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
I was looking over the new Police TG's and if you look there are blank numbers not being used between example TG A3 Silver Spring which is 6015 and A4 Wheaton which is 6020. Now where do you think they might hide B3??? Mabe somewhere between 6016 and 6019? I know its extra TG to program into your radios or scanners right now but it might pay off in the long run. If you were writing new TG's numbers using the format that is known already, or when it does go live, if someone has an SDR set up or Unitrunker if it will do phase 2 then we can get the B channels that way as well. There is one thing we do have on our side and that is TIME to figure it out... Also has anyone heard anything about what the TG might be for the ICC PD ,ICC Maintenance, MD Chart which is also on the MD 1st system is SHA D3 as well.

Mr_Boh

Based on what's been seen so far, it seems like all TGIDs are 4 digit, ending in multiples of 5, where the first digit represents agency/purpose. There is zero point in trying to "hide" talkgroups, because to your point, someone with a $20 dongle on Amazon can figure out talkgroup numbers, not necessarily the traffic on them, but at least that they exist, so why not you the radio administrator make it easy on yourself and stick to a format?

So sometimes in these SmartX-based transitions, you see patching of talkgroups between the system (like Suffolk, NY). Here we haven't seen that based on what's been captured on the P25 system so far. So unless the police equivalent of Dallas Lipp shows up here (doubtful) we may just have to be patient and wait until the system is on the air for folks to start "filling in the gaps" of the database of the system.

That said, I fully expect with the population of Montgomery County, and, based on this thread, the amount of folks that actively monitor it to know within hours of an agency like the MTA ICC Police and CHART to have their new talkgroups found. They could also potentially do a system patch at the same time.

So we may not have this before the cutover begins, which could happen any day now. But your patience will be rewarded :)

Last edited:

Bjc123

Premium Subscriber
Just a heads up it looks like coincidently Montgomery County, PA is also getting a new P25 system and I accidentally stumbled across their Forum post so just a heads up don't get confused like I did haha lol

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Just a heads up it looks like coincidently Montgomery County, PA is also getting a new P25 system and I accidentally stumbled across their Forum post so just a heads up don't get confused like I did haha lol
Yup, they do - 30+ tower sites; 2 simulcast cells. They are NOT happy that their police agencies are now encrypted.

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
Exciting!!

We have all of the Alpha Channels.
TG 6000: A1 District 1 Dispatch (Rockville)
TG 6005: A2 District 2 Disatch (Bethesda)
TG 6010: A3 District 3 Dispatch (Silver Spring)
TG 6015: A4 District 4 Dispatch (Wheaton)
TG 6020: A5 District 5 Dispatch (Germantown)
TG 6025: A6 District 6 Dispatch (Montgomery Village)

What other channels are you looking for?

The Charlie Channels are going to be hard to find since they are encrypted and the Bravo channels are going to take a few weeks or even months to decypher unless someone leaks that info
Takoma Park Police Department? I believe it is currently A12 for dispatch and B12 for Ops. They also had two tac channels (W9/W10.) These are all on the King portion of the fleetmap.