Montgomery County PSSM Program update

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I haven't noticed any frequencies being shifted as of yesterday. I believe another member posted a date that falls next week for the beginning of the changeover, and the goal of completing the migration by Inauguration Day. Not sure if the events earlier this week will affect this schedule.

Bjc123

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I am curious as well. I would think it would be overnight correct? when the least amount of calls are dispatched. In case something happens?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
When Howard County migrated over last year, it took place over several days. Both systems will be running concurrently during that time. Not sure if Montgomery County will totally decommission the SmartZone system, or keep it up with limited frequencies - I'm thinking they will since both share the same control channels.

Bjc123

Premium Subscriber
Interesting and just an FYI Rockville MSP Dispatch accidentally transmitted a dispatch on the P25 so clearly meaning that things are set up for MSP Dispatch. :)

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
I see 153.95 is no longer listed. Does this mean they will be doing away with it ? Also can anyone elaborate on these other frequencies ?

Thanks

Attachments

• B3C11271-7346-4187-BBDF-C7B9B5B750F4.jpeg
    B3C11271-7346-4187-BBDF-C7B9B5B750F4.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 14

Bjc123

Premium Subscriber
That’s an interesting question! A volunteer FF who posts in here said that they will most likely not change it but, he did point out there was some type of interference down-county with the freq. So I am not sure, possibly they changed it due to the interference or possibly a typo someone else can confirm or deny if this is the case.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
That’s an interesting question! A volunteer FF who posts in here said that they will most likely not change it but, he did point out there was some type of interference down-county with the freq. So I am not sure, possibly they changed it due to the interference or possibly a typo someone else can confirm or deny if this is the case.
I don't see them giving up that frequency - it's probably 7V1 in the VHF zone on the OIC and CMD radios, and is *supposed" to simulcast the ops tg (or whatever else they decide.)

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I was in the Potomac area of the county today near WCHS. Still running the same channels on the P25 system - but I did see occasional joins on the PD side, and channels grants on the fire side - probably volunteers fooling around - I mean training - with the radios zone structure.

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
I was in the Potomac area of the county today near WCHS. Still running the same channels on the P25 system - but I did see occasional joins on the PD side, and channels grants on the fire side - probably volunteers fooling around - I mean training - with the radios zone structure.

As of now (from St. Marys County) 154.160 and 153.950 are still loud and clear from here. However they seem to be dropping these “3 beeps” that sound distorted “horrible” for whatever reason,

Bjc123

Premium Subscriber
The three weird sounding beeps are the general message tone.
Meaning it’s for
CAD problem
Weather alert
Fire Station Alerting issue
Blue Alert
Red Alert

the most common use is blue alert since COVID and hospital and all that.

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
The three weird sounding beeps are the general message tone.
Meaning it’s for
CAD problem
Weather alert
Fire Station Alerting issue
Blue Alert
Red Alert

the most common use is blue alert since COVID and hospital and all that.

Thanks, it definitely gets you’re attention Lol

Bjc123

Premium Subscriber
Sooooo

7A on 154.160 has no voice currently??
I hear fire station alerting tones but then no dispatches and I hear them clearly on my Homepatrol 2.

i thought maybe something was wrong with my other scanner so I tried listening to the Broadcastify feed on V7A and no voice either.

anyone know what’s going on?

EDIT: is it possible that they switched from the P16 patch to P25 patch? And since the P25 has no voice that would explain why we can’t hear anything right?

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Sooooo

7A on 154.160 has no voice currently??
I hear fire station alerting tones but then no dispatches and I hear them clearly on my Homepatrol 2.

i thought maybe something was wrong with my other scanner so I tried listening to the Broadcastify feed on V7A and no voice either.

anyone know what’s going on?

EDIT: is it possible that they switched from the P16 patch to P25 patch? And since the P25 has no voice that would explain why we can’t hear anything right?
IDK, sounds like a config error with the CAD. The volunteers need to hear the dispatch audio their VHF pagers - unless they are alphanumeric (which I seriously doubt.)

wireless

My Minitor VI is recieving 154.16 tones and voice dispatch audio as of Wed 1742 hrs. Last nite I was on duty and it wS functioning fine as well. I have heard of nothing indicating 154.16 will be altered in any way. As to 153.950, this is my opinion, may be replaced by 150.995. As I had stated a few months ago 153.950 has an ongoing conflict with some companies in Virginia and they have been looking to get another frequency to get that monkey off their back.
Again, just my opinion based on the new VHF lineup added to the P16 database. I find it interesting 153.950 is showing removed from the list and that new Freq 150.995 has been added as an OPS channel is why I say this. But I never want to be a bad source of info !!

maus92

Premium Subscriber
My Minitor VI is recieving 154.16 tones and voice dispatch audio as of Wed 1742 hrs. Last nite I was on duty and it wS functioning fine as well. I have heard of nothing indicating 154.16 will be altered in any way. As to 153.950, this is my opinion, may be replaced by 150.995. As I had stated a few months ago 153.950 has an ongoing conflict with some companies in Virginia and they have been looking to get another frequency to get that monkey off their back.
Again, just my opinion based on the new VHF lineup added to the P16 database. I find it interesting 153.950 is showing removed from the list and that new Freq 150.995 has been added as an OPS channel is why I say this. But I never want to be a bad source of info !!
So is your Minitor department issued, and is it the single or multichannel model? If it is the 5 channel version, are the 153.950 ops and any other channel programmed? If so, it seems to me that it would need reprogramming unless it has a lurking zombie channel, lol.

wireless

So is your Minitor department issued, and is it the single or multichannel model? If it is the 5 channel version, are the 153.950 ops and any other channel programmed? If so, it seems to me that it would need reprogramming unless it has a lurking zombie channel, lol.
Maus92, I own my own Minitor VI ( 5 channel ) and V ( 2 ch w/SV) and have the programmers for both. So Im gonna program 150.955 in the VI right now. I have 153.950 in both. I left my VI on 153.950 last nite around 2000 and have heard no traffic ( Its 1500 now so thats 18 hrs) So we shall soon find out if Im right traffic on 153.950 ( mostly 7B ) has been moved to 150.955.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I’m sitting here in Olney and the Ops tg is not being simulcast on 150.995 atm. It’s on 153.950.

Last edited: