Montgomery County PSSM Program update

Bjc123

Premium Subscriber
Well now MCPD is back up and running . I guess yesterday morning things were really quiet and nothing was going on in the county. At night time they combined the northern part of the county on one dispatch channel and the southern part on a different one with all dispatched channels patched together. It ends at 0700 every morning.
That’s really interesting I didn’t know that... thanks :)

maus92

Premium Subscriber
It appears that most if not all sites are now up on the new system. I observed good coverage throughout the county, with the exception of White Oak along New Hampshire Ave between White Oak Middle School and Columbia Pike. There is a site near MD 650 and US 29, so apparently that site is down atm. Submitted a change to the RRDB changing the site NAC from 8E0 to 8E2, which should fix one of my radios. Considerable testing activity on numerous tgs in the 76xx range, including Emergency button activations, in the clear. Limited encrypted transmissions in the 6xxx range. Subscriber RIDs mostly in the 250xxxx - 251xxxx range, with 2124069 (a state radio seen previously on the MSP Waterloo tg - Electronic Services Division is located at the Waterloo Barrack) seen in the mix.

Bjc123

Premium Subscriber
So when its up and running the TG will be added to the database right? Also is the Organization of the TG similar to the P16 that we have currently?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
So when its up and running the TG will be added to the database right? Also is the Organization of the TG similar to the P16 that we have currently?
TG are added by users as the data is crowd sourced. It is too early to tell how the tgs will be organized.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The site that covers the White Oak area now seems to be online.

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
Pretty sure this is related but Montgomery County Police, as well as Takoma Park Police, were getting their radios reprogrammed today. I'm assuming the county will be switching to an encrypted system in the next few days/weeks.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Pretty sure this is related but Montgomery County Police, as well as Takoma Park Police, were getting their radios reprogrammed today. I'm assuming the county will be switching to an encrypted system in the next few days/weeks.
Getting the radios reprogrammed doesn't necessarily mean that this is being done to enable encryption. The radios will need the new programming ("codeplug") to support the migration to the new P25 system, and is usually done by adding new zones containing new tg assignments, etc.

The online feeds have police activity, so....

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I monitored the new system tonight. No traffic.
Still mostly configuration and coverage testing. I noticed Parsons was out again at the Burtonsville site last week, and that coverage in the White Oak area is still spotty / off and on. Also, coverage in Silver Spring along Rock Creek is poor.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Coverage / DAQ testing today using tg 7610, and 7605. Two teams: Team Charlie and Team Alpha, controlled by "Dispatch." Using tile numbers, and sometimes addresses or geographic locations.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Update on the coverage testing today. Teams Alpha and Charlie were operating with Dispatch on tg 7610 and teams Bravo and Delta were operating with Dispatch on 7605. Interestingly, some teams were testing tiles in NW DC.

wireless

Heres my 2 cents: As others have stated, Coverage testing has been ongoing this week (start 11/16). At our FD Station meeting tonite we were told to look for going “live” in January. ( no mention of early, mid or end) So we are getting close, finally.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The coverage issues that I noticed in the White Oak / Hillendale area seem to be resolved.