Montgomery County PSSM Program update

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Ok not sure if these are computer or cad log ins on the equipment but i was getting a whole bunch of new TG in the 2500 range like 2500,2501,2510,2511,2515,2518 well you get the idea.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Also right now for the past hour there has been a ton of use for 7A12 secure plus all the new TG from 2500 thru 2115 but they are not showing up on any of the frequencies listed for the county except 7A12. Wonder what is going on???? Going back and watching my unitrunker it seems most of them are using the frequency of 853.86250 or 853.93750 which is the computer data channel but they are not showing up under the computer data frequency unless that is the interface for the zello android ap?

Last edited:

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
ok my bad on a couple of things. i did not have the target expanded all the way open and the TG i thought were new look like they might be radio Id's or mabe MDT in the trucks . they show up affiliated to the system on the computer data channel but until someone uses that MDT the computer data channel is quiet but that MDT ID says Montgomery County Fire so we do know its not a police unit. Then there is the question if that many Fire MDT are showing up where are all the police MDT?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps a screenshot of exactly what you are seeing in Unitrunker will help the ID.

atlong

Database Admin
That looks like just unit id's sending data. I see that a lot on the WV SIRN. Just a single unit id sending data on random frequencies on the site it's affiliated to. I see that using Pro-96 software. It's usually just a WV State Police radio ID, too...similar to this situation.

atlong

Database Admin
It could be GPS location coordinates being sent to mapping software, which if the unit is moving around constantly, may provide an explanation as to why there are so many of them. A few of those Unit ID's are repeating in a short period.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
I just thought of something. When Unitrunker displays an County PD Encrypted channel I looked that TG up and it says No to FDMA and TDMA but yes to secure. What if that TG is analog and encrypted? or should it say yes to FDMA and TDMA if it was digital and encrypted????

maus92

Premium Subscriber
P25 is supposed to be backward compatible with analog, so I guess it can be used. This particular tg appears to be associated with one of the city / town departments, so *maybe* that explains it? I logged that tg back in October, and it recorded TDMA and Secure activity. It might be a bug in Unitrunker not properly recording the FDMA and/or TDMA parameter. Look at the entries in the History tab and see what RIDs used it.