Montgomery County Sheriff Dispatch Channels Scheduled For Full Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbmc20

Just a heads up that Montgomery County is scheduled to go full-encryption on MCSO dispatch channels beginning around the first of the year, 2021.

Commissioners Court voted on Tuesday to approve a new tow-ordinance which will eliminate the current 15-minute wrecker call and chip system. It was mentioned in passing that this is one of the steps needed before the MCSO Dispatch channels (and possibly others) go full-encryption.

Nearly all of MCSO's secondary channels already feature full encryption. It is unfortunate that these are not found by the department to be sufficient.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Stupid. Houston has far more violent crime and risk to officer safety, yet they found a way to make it work on dispatch channels. I kind of had a feeling that with the protests and riots and general hatred for police spreading around that we would begin to see more of this.

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
jbmc20...I don't see Tuesday's minutes available yet. Source? You can PM me if that's better.

adcockfred

When Auto Return takes over everything will change, meaning FDMA mutual aid layer will probably go off the air.
And insurance double !

racing1

June 23, 2020 Commissioners Court - Montgomery County, TX play item #16 and listen towards the end. The MCSO rep mentions it in passing. Apparently it has been discussed more in depth in other meetings but I wasn’t able to find it.
Can't believe this is actually happening,such a shame. People with good intentions like myself and many others here gained so much useful info from listening to the MoCo sheriff department. Well as one chapter ends,another begins. What else is there to hear on the montgomery county simulcast site?

adcockfred

yeah, can you straighten me out on what though I heard?
you need a wrecker license and a storage lot license to be able to store or what was that about a verbal agreement?
sounds like they never heard of a drop letter

racing1

yeah, can you straighten me out on what though I heard?
you need a wrecker license and a storage lot license to be able to store or what was that about a verbal agreement?
sounds like they never heard of a drop letter
Obviously not

adcockfred

this where I have to boast on my property taxes go.
harris county has the best ems service, and the best wrecker service in the world, bar none
but like you say this is gonna change

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
I travel to Ft.Worth DAILY. The miles-long backups and multiple resources used for even the most basic of motorist issues is astounding. I'm talking 1+hour delays for a motorist's flat tire. I don't know how they implement their tow rotation but there is NO DOUBT that it causes many hours of idling traffic and frustration. I believe Ft. Worth interstate incidents require 3 patrol units and most times a MAP unit present until a rotation wrecker arrives. Growing up in Los Angeles, Memphis and finally here in MoCo/Houston, there is NO DOUBT that our flawed system clears incidents faster than other metro areas hands down. I don't know why our local representatives INSIST on rotation. There are cheaper, easier and more efficient (MoCO has purchased software and changed their disp training and patrol callsigns in anticipation) ways to keep our current system while limiting responding wreckers...but no one wants to hear of the benefits. If I had the time and editing skills I could easily present the differences between first wrecker and rotation municipalities. But make no mistake...in large metro areas rotation makes for a longer rush hour commute.

Last edited:

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
The optics of multiple wreckers arriving at a scene sometimes looks poor or intriguing, especially to newcomers in our region. But take into account how quickly incidents are cleared from our thoroughfares.

FishScan

The optics of multiple wreckers arriving at a scene sometimes looks poor or intriguing, especially to newcomers in our region. But take into account how quickly incidents are cleared from our thoroughfares.

How will the Tow Trucks be dispatched when encryption is enabled?

adcockfred

Yeah just remember when you, dismantle the best working system called "free enterprise" well everything is down hill except the public servants pockets
that is why auto return changed their dispatch from rotation to proximity
when they tried to boast on officers waite time for wrecker at 14 minutes
but in the city of Houston the officers wait time 90 seconds
our whole world wants to move away from what works
for a piece of the pie

Just a heads up that Montgomery County is scheduled to go full-encryption on MCSO dispatch channels beginning around the first of the year, 2021.

Commissioners Court voted on Tuesday to approve a new tow-ordinance which will eliminate the current 15-minute wrecker call and chip system. It was mentioned in passing that this is one of the steps needed before the MCSO Dispatch channels (and possibly others) go full-encryption.

Nearly all of MCSO's secondary channels already feature full encryption. It is unfortunate that these are not found by the department to be sufficient.
Is it ok to ask what frequency you guys are catching the MCSO on? I am a super newbie from Conroe and I am looking for channels to listen in on. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.