Montgomery county Texas question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
Hello to all scanner enthusiast in Montgomery county TX !
I will be moving soon to my new home just a mile outside Willis,
i made a trip through there yesterday and took my Whistler TRX-1
with me, I had it set to monitor TXWARN p25 system with the Montgomery
county site activated only so other sites wouldn't throw off my monitoring...
anyway, i went ahead and put all the sheriff dispatch talk groups in 1-5 but i
couldn't tell which talk group was for that area near Willis ? I even had Willis PD
talk group in my scan list as well but heard nothing on Willis i felt pretty much sure that
dispatch 1 covers that area as far as sheriff units ? and possibly Willis PD ? but not sure...
is there anyone who monitors or has monitored this area that can help me out ?
just the sheriff talk for area near Willis and Sheriff talk group for that area :)
thanks !
please note: i monitored the TXWARN system and not the actual Montgomery system

Markef

Willis PD is dispatched on Montgomery County SO on Dispatch 1 talkgroup 2026 on TXWARN. I suspect Willis PD uses there talkgroup like a car to car channel.

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
As Markef stated Willis is *primarily/90%* dispatched on MCSO 1. You are correct. MCSO 1 covers Willis, North MoCo, Lake Conroe, Montgomery (Not including City of Conroe)

As a "rule" all of the municipalities in Montgomery county (Willis, Montgomery, Oak Ridge, Shenandoah, etc, etc) are dispatched by MCSO. Same goes for the Constables. There is some daytime and part time dispatching on respective talkgroups here and there. But MOST of the day to day action will be on MCSO 1-5. Learning the unit numbers/callsigns will get you in the loop fairly quickly.

Feel free to contact me (privately) once you get settled in. You will be residing fairly close to me (I'm @ IH45 & League Line) and have been monitoring here for 2 decades. If you would like I can help you navigate what to monitor and the subtleties of the TxWARN MoCo site possibly saving you some headaches. At the very least I can help you map out the districts/unit prefixes so you know what you are hearing as you move about the county. Check my history to verify.

Be safe and welcome to the area!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.